A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Manufacturing & Procurement and is part of the Operations 1st line leader team.
The Final Assembly team takes care of all jet assembly processes, integrating the many individual components into the final Lilium Jet product. It incorporates functions such as Aircraft Assembly, Final Assembly, Logistics and the Lilium Academy.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced production leader who is a champion in developing architecture and design solutions for a modern, lean and automated and stable industrial set up for our revolutionary Urban Air Taxi. She or he is responsible for the approval of design of all production hardware and of the developed methods of manufacturing. This position is a technical authority to secure safety, performance and airworthiness requirements for EASE 21G and fulfilling EN9100 among other European standards.
Her/his technical approval authority covers all internal factory and the entire supply chain manufacturing solutions. In this role he is the technical chairmen of the governance structure for “new factories” and “process approvals” across the entire industrial landscape.
Your Day to Day:
- Run a gated checking and approval process for all production hardware
- Quality acceptance of Design input, including acceptance authority for designs, materials and process requirements
- g. Clash detection with 3D modelling, datum cascade and tolerance chain
- Facility, Services, Tooling, Equipment, Jigs, Machines, Systems, Processes including CE marking
- From initial design concept to design reviews up to a full rate testing
- Govern the technical approval of the manufacturing methods for the entire industrial landscape, complying with 21G and German regulations
- Develop the technical design and method approval competence across the entire organisation of Manufacturing Engineering and Quality
- Lead the top critical, technical problem solving in Manufacturing
- Coach and mentor Liliums young Manufacturing team with ragrd to design and method approval
- Run a global network for manufacturing design and technology solutions
- Mechanical engineering degree in automotive, production and/or aerospace with experience – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Must be an appreciated expert and have executed a similar role in his previous assignments in design and manufacturing for at least 5-8 years
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering or Operations leadership role in a modern high-volume production environment of automotive or aerospace
- Leading big cross-functional teams, including suppliers, and capable of an extended leadership with an “end to end” mind-set.
- Experience in “end to end” responsibility for implementing a production strategy from proof of concept to series production ramp up applying modern tools and a network of experts
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing including dynamic planning & execution during production ramp up
- Demonstrate an agile, consistent and senior leadership style with a high response & real-time work behaviour
- Having the key credentials of a modern production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product and business model into the development of a lead in field modern and effective factory
- Excellent analysis capability; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
- high sense for urgency
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.