A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Propulsion Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader and work closely with our Propulsion Assembly team.
The Propulsion Assembly, which incorporates both manufacturing and shopfloor functions, is one of our highest volume production processes and is responsible for delivering the 36 all-electric engines required for each Lilium Jet.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced manufacturing engineering expert to join our team focused on producing Lilium’s state-of-the-art electric jet propulsion system. As a Manufacturing Engineer specializing in dispensing technologies, you will own the production and supply of all dispensing equipment including its materials that make up our unique propulsion system. You will define processes, materials, and machines that cover a broad scope of applications for dispensing of functional fluids in collaboration with our product design engineering teams. You will own the specification and execution of the project schedule to implement dispensing equipment in collaboration with your fellow manufacturing engineering team members and Lilium factory industrial engineering and maintenance teams. Your systems will adhere to the highest standards of digital connectivity, operational safety, environmental protection, cleanliness, and ergonomics.
The Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering team provides the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet design requirements and business targets in accordance with EASA 21G and EN9100 standards. This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization sets new standards with a best-in-class, reliable production operation using the latest in digital technologies.
Your Day to Day:
- Define processes and equipment handling a range of functional fluid systems to be dispensed in the propulsion assembly line
- Grow fluid-related manufacturing processes through complete process substantiation, including designing dispensers, treatment equipment, part handling equipment, and design features on our parts best suited to dispensing
- Collaborate closely with our Systems Engineering, Procurement, and Quality teams to develop, manage, and grow all dispensing-related manufacturing processes
- Spearhead projects to introduce new material systems for mechanical & adhesive joining, cooling, and electrical isolation
- Implement processes to meet internal special process source substantiation technical requirements to ensure aerospace-level process capability and product safety
- Develop and maintain constructive, effective relationships with stakeholders across the entire propulsion system value chain
- Relentlessly drive process improvement, cost-out, and simplification
- Secure quality assurance and a suitable control plan along the whole value chain
- Support digital processes for high volume production logistics, process definition, and planning – especially related to statistical process control and validation
- Mechanical, Chemical-, Physics, or Industrial Engineering degree – excellent grade and industrial internship experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, supply chain quality, or industrial engineering focused on applying liquids, pastes etc. using 1K or 2K materials.
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; resilient with a passion for achieving mission objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
- Proficiency in process introduction, with particular strength in design of experiments, design of equipment, and process parameter measurement and control
- Demonstrated impact in implementing new manufacturing systems on the shop floor, through to full-rate operations
- Experience developing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with suppliers – willingness to travel required. Heavy collaboration with procurement and quality teams to meet and exceed supply and schedule targets
- Passion for identifying, evaluating, and implementing new manufacturing technologies, preferably using an Agile approach to learn fast
- Demonstrated expertise in developing substantiation plans and specifications, implementing process changes and improvements, and meeting design intent via characteristic accountability and verification.
- Adept at working cross-functionally, especially with Design Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Program Management, and other cross-business functions.
- Lean awareness - Simplification mindset, continuous improvement, health & safety conscious. Hands-on mentality and heavy collaboration with production, quality, and logistics teams to secure continuous production flow
- ICT Skills: Microsoft Office, CAD, ERP, and MES
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.