A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the E-Bird Manager / E-Bird Team Leader and work closely with our Electronic Engineering team.
Our Electronic System team is accountable for the development and delivery of the electronic & electrical systems within the Lilium Jet. Whether you are working on the definition of electronic/electrical systems and related technologies, software and hardware development, system integration or our co-ordination with regulatory partners and suppliers, you’ll have the chance to play an important part in shaping the future of mobility.
In this position you will be reporting to the E-Bird Manager / E-Bird Team Leader and you will be working on System Integration and closed loop Hardware In the Loop (HIL) simulation of aircraft systems and subsystems. You will work within HIL team (E-Bird Team) and will support electronic engineering team and other development teams. As HIL Engineer you will be responsible for the design and integration of sophisticated test rigs, implementation of semi/fully automated test cases within a system integration and testing environment including the test execution, evaluating the test results and the corresponding problem reporting. In your daily work you will closely collaborate with our world most talented development team members in different disciplinaries like autonomous flight, propulsion, energy, navigation etc.
Your Day to Day:
- Design and develop HIL test benches/rigs for the system level tests of aircraft
- Design and develop custom test equipment for data acquisition, measurement, failure injection etc.
- Integration of HIL test rigs, plant models and real subsystem of aircraft to the closed loop HIL test setup to provide end to end representation of the aircraft
- Implementation of test cases within a HIL test setup
- Development of semi and full-automatic test execution environment
- Perform the test execution with automated test tools and measurement equipment for verification and validation activities.
- Evaluation of test reports and the test results
- Creation of Failure Analysis Reports/defect reporting when required
- Report and discuss test results with the system development team
- Work on any ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronics Engineering, Physics or a related field required
- Min of 3-5 years of professional hands-on experience with Matlab/Simulink, Simulink-RT Modelling and interfacing electronic control unit features into HIL framework
- Experience and familiarity with HIL test systems like Speedgoat, DSpace, Etas-Labcar or NI
- Strong knowledge of Bus modelling & Simulation and HIL development Experience and knowledge in electrical and communication architectures
- Good understanding of network protocols like, CAN, RS422/485, UART, ethernet
- Good understanding of mechatronics basics on sensors, actuators and controller systems
- Good knowledge of development lifecycle and ERP tools is a plus
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven work-style with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.