A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Maintenance Engineering Manager and work in our growing Flight Test Team.
The Flight Test Team plays an integral role in preparing the Lilium Jet for certification. As well as developing the company's Flight Test Organisation our team is intimately involved with every stage of the testing process as we seek to bring a completely new type of aircraft to the market.
As well as developing the company's Flight Test Organisation our team is intimately involved with every stage of the testing process as we seek to bring a completely new type of aircraft to the market.
You will be responsible for conducting all maintenance activities on the prototype aircraft including, but not limited to, prototype aircraft configuration, pre- and post-flight inspections, general maintenance tasks, troubleshooting of aircraft systems, execution of scheduled tasks and procedures.
Your Day to Day:
- Work in a self-directed team of aircraft technicians
- Support the team of Senior Technicians on general activities under their supervision
- Inspect and maintain, on a routine basis, aircraft systems and airframe to keep aircraft in safe operation condition
- Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance of prototype
- Troubleshoot general systems using schematics and diagrams
- Follow Work Instructions and Program plans
- Operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, diagnostic and measuring equipment
- Perform adjustments, repairs, diagnosis and/or replacement of faulty prototype components
- Control prototype aircraft configuration and create maintenance records of work performed
- Other specific tasks as assigned
- Educational background as technician
- Minimum of 1 year of experience directly with aircraft maintenance tasks or with electric/mechanic components
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-confidence, with the ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, German language skills would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.