A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Propulsion Assembly and work closely with our Propulsion Assembly team.
The Propulsion Assembly, which incorporates both manufacturing and shopfloor functions, is one of our highest volume production processes and is responsible for delivering the 36 all-electric engines required for each Lilium Jet.
In this role, you will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team focused on the production of our advanced electric propulsion system. You will support day-to-day operations directly in contact with experienced aircraft mechanics, electricians, and manufacturing engineers. You will be responsible for addressing the needs of shopfloor operations, executing simplification and manufacturing process development projects, and working cross-functionally with our design, production, and logistics teams.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital production.
Your Day to Day:
- Supporting and developing lean manufacturing projects along the entire propulsion system manufacturing process
- Execute tasks critical to maintaining traceability and data integrity for our engines
- Support implementation of a manufacturing execution system (MES) specific to propulsion system build instructions and data documentation
- Identify opportunities to simplify operations and execute projects based on your observations
- Assist our manufacturing engineering and quality teams in ensuring smooth product flow operations among our production and maintenance teams
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects as necessary
- Engineering/Informatics/Management student or equivalent
- Excellent academic track record and past industrial internships in related sectors such as aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- High level of self-reliance: work independent and self-motivated
- Good communication and team working skills with an autonomous target-oriented workstyle
- Outstanding analytical skills with a drive to challenge the status quo
- Software/IT Skills: Strong computer skills. Python, SQL, and ERP experience a plus for implementing digital simplification projects
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Available for a minimum of 3 months
Internships at Lilium are available from 6-9-12 months (full time)
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.