We are looking for an experienced and passionate Project Manager to join our Digital Technology team where you will be responsible for the project management of a software engineering and product development roadmap.
Lilium’s Digital Services Platform is broad in its scope of responsibility, providing all of the necessary technological solutions that will manage our air taxi service. With the customer at the very centre of our focus, we will provide journey booking, communication, personal identification and infotainment services amongst many other passenger services. Underpinning our service will be pilots, customer services and maintenance organisations - these colleagues form a key part of our user group and require, from the outset, the very best tools and systems to enable them to support the magical customer experience that we are developing.
At the heart of any mobility service, and particularly one the moves into the third spatial dimension, lies the highly complex challenge of managing the vehicle fleet, its efficient utilisation and associated mission planning - with consideration for commercial airspace integration as well as weather and traffic management. The regulatory environment of air transportation assures the safety of the service but of course raises the bar even further as we seek to balance customer satisfaction with commercial goals.
The complexity of the programme is large, containing dependencies within our team as well as into the aircraft engineering and production divisions, vertiport operations and external operational and regulatory stakeholders. You’ll be working alongside likeminded colleagues to develop clarity from complexity and make a significant contribution to the launch of a revolution.
The role responsibilities will include
- The day-to-day project management of multiple software engineering and product development projects
- Facilitating scope definition and its documentation
- Activity Planning and sequencing
- Scheduling development work and its ongoing maintenance
- Resource, time and cost planning ultimately leading to the creation of project budgets
- Risk analysis and issue management
- Monitoring and reporting progress to stakeholders across the business
- Supporting a continuous process improvement programme
The successful candidate will be
- Highly organised with proven project and programme management experience in a software engineering or digital product environment
- Able to process and understand a variety of complex concepts and provide strong analytical skills and commercial acumen to planning and delivery processes
- Value and outcome driven, with a positive, “can do” attitude and a willingness to roll their sleeves up to get things done
- Highly motivated by finding the right solution for a problem - rather than trying to force the problem into a shape that fits an off-the-shelf solution
- Passionate about “constantly getting better” with the drive to create an appetite for continuous improvement across the organisation
- Highly collaborative with experience of working in multinational teams
- Enthusiastic with a sense of pride in the work delivered and the quality of how it was delivered
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge of
- Project and programme management and iterative delivery principles with a deep understanding of the full software delivery life cycle and process optimisation
- Agile working processes with a deep working knowledge of how these can be optimised and implemented in a variety of models and organisations
- Business capability mapping and its application to programme management
- Current and emerging technology trends
- Industry standard tooling and how to apply it in various situations
- Experience with formal mechanisms to set and track business objectives
What can you expect from us
- We have a low ego culture where the best idea will be embraced, whomever it comes from. We will both support your individual success and challenge your views in an open, honest and respectful manner.
- We believe that clear individual responsibility is vital to our success and will therefore give you the support, autonomy and ownership necessary for you to achieve your best
- We have an open communication style, both at a company level, with regular Q&A sessions and learning opportunities, and at an individual basis.
- In everything we do, we are driven by our ambition to create a brand new mode of transport. Our entrepreneurial principles guide an approach where behaviours that undermine our objectives or culture are not accepted.
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world‘s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused on our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs.