We are looking for an exceptional systems and software architect to join our Digital Technology team where you will be responsible for the definition, architectural design and ongoing evolution of our Digital Services Platform.
Lilium’s Digital Services Platform is broad in its scope of responsibility, providing all of the necessary technological solutions that will manage our air taxi service. With the customer at the very centre of our focus, we will provide journey booking, communication, personal identification and infotainment services amongst many other passenger services. Underpinning our service will be pilots, customer services and maintenance organisations - these colleagues form a key part of our user group and require, from the outset, the very best tools and systems to enable them to support the magical customer experience that we are developing.
At the heart of any mobility service, and particularly one the moves into the third spatial dimension, lies the highly complex challenge of managing the vehicle fleet, its efficient utilisation and associated mission planning - with consideration for commercial airspace integration as well as weather and traffic management. The regulatory environment of air transportation assures the safety of the service but of course raises the bar even further as we seek to balance customer satisfaction with commercial goals.
The complexity of the programme is large, containing dependencies within our team as well as into the aircraft engineering and production divisions, vertiport operations and external operational and regulatory stakeholders. You’ll be working alongside likeminded colleagues to make a significant contribution to the launch of a revolution.
The role responsibilities will include
- Participating in the development of our Digital Services Platform strategy, in collaboration with colleagues from aircraft engineering and production, vertiport infrastructure, maintenance, air taxi services and of course colleagues in our own team
- Leading the design of the Digital Services Platform architecture to ensure a flexible and evolutionary strategy that will allow the integration of the necessary technology building blocks on the journey to market entry and beyond.
- Creating the architecture roadmap for the Digital Services Platform, not only in terms of business evolution but also with regard to implementation solution
- Advising and support the engineering teams implementing and operating the defined design
The successful candidate will be
- Able to process and understand a variety of complex engineering problems and apply strong analytical skills and commercial acumen to planning software solutions
- A clear, strategic thinker, backed by an ability to create a vision that others can both contribute to and support
- Business value and outcome driven, with a positive, “can do” attitude and a willingness to roll their sleeves up to get things done
- Intimately familiar with the most up to date architecture trends but a firm believer that the most appropriate solutions are those that deliver on well understood business needs
- Passionate about “constantly getting better” - with the drive to create an appetite for continuous improvement across the organisation
- Highly collaborative with experience of working in a multinational team and preferably across multiple locations
- Enthusiastic with a sense of pride in the work delivered and its impact on customers and the business
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate
- Highly developed leadership skills that are founded on an open, collaborative and consultative working style
- Technology agnostic but passionate and hyper-curious about its many branches and latest trends
- Extensive experience in software and systems design of large scale, highly available, operationally critical, secure and scalable production architectures – most likely operating on cloud-based infrastructure
- Deep and broad experience in engineering high transaction rate digital service systems which support e-commerce, marketplace or similar business models where the quality of the customer experience is the key to business success
- Experience in the successful design of evolutionary service-oriented and microservices architectures that support rapidly evolving business needs and are capable of implementing efficient data driven product and service improvements
- Industry standard tooling and methodologies and how to apply these in various situations
- Successful application of off-the-shelf solutions and technologies that balance, time to market, cost of ownership and business differentiation objectives
What can you expect from us
- We have a low ego culture where the best idea will be embraced, whomever it comes from. We will both support your individual success and challenge your views in an open, honest and respectful manner.
- We believe that clear individual responsibility is vital to our success and will therefore give you the support, autonomy and ownership necessary for you to achieve your best
- We have an open communication style, both at a company level, with regular Q&A sessions and learning opportunities, and at an individual basis.
- In everything we do, we are driven by our ambition to create a brand new mode of transport. Our entrepreneurial principles guide an approach where behaviours that undermine our objectives or culture are not accepted.
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world‘s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused on our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs