A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your Role and your Team:
In this position you will become part of our exceptionally talented flight control laws team with direct report to our Head of Flight Control Laws.
The Flight Control Law Team is focused on the development, flight testing, and certification of the entire Lilium flight control system.
Your role will be focused around the development, flight testing, and certification of the flight control system. This includes control law feature development, validation and verification activities, as well as the preparation and evaluation of flight tests. As a flight control law engineer you will take full responsibility and ownership of one or more controller components and take them to serial production readiness. At the same time, you will be able to work on the flight control laws from a holistic perspective e.g. during flight tests and interact with multiple interfacing teams.
Your Day to Day:
- Review and solution of problem reports related to flight control laws
- Development of further enhancements of the flight control laws
- Safety, performance, and handling quality assessments of the flight control laws
- Preparation and execution of flight control laws integration testing (HIL/E-bird)
- Preparation and support of flight test activities, analysis of flight test results
- Contribution to analyses and trade-off studies together with chief engineering
- Ad-hoc tasks and troubleshooting
- M. Sc. in aeronautics/engineering/physics/informatics or similar degree
- Min. 4 years of professional experience in flight control development, fly-by-wire systems
- In depth experience with flight system dynamics, flight control, linear control systems
- Experience with flight testing is a plus
- Very good skills in Matlab/Simulink
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.