A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to our Chief People Officer and be part of the People Leadership Team. You will work closely with our colleagues across the company, particularly in our leadership and external communication functions - being a team player is critical.
This is an exciting role with the opportunity to lead the Internal Communications and Engagement strategy in a scale up setting. Lilium has set out a bold ambition to change the world of air mobility. This means we are building a global organization from design, engineering, production, and digital to marketing, sales, and airline operations at a high pace. This requires a tremendous orchestration of communication and engagement activities.
In this role you'll have the chance to shape the culture and internal communications of a business that will become a household name. Your work will have global reach and you'll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to create an awesome culture from the ground up. The Internal Communication & Engagement role is fundamental to shaping this and supporting the people in Lilium to work effectively, collaborate well, and be connected to our mission, vision, and values.
Being in a scale up setting, it is expected that you easily work cross-functionally and you are hands-on to get things done until the wider team is set up.
Your Day to Day:
- Develop internal communications strategy and campaigns to support engagement across the business while keeping all team members in all office locations informed on important company news and updates in a timely, relevant, and engaging manner.
- Build and deliver the annual, quarterly, and weekly internal communications schedule.
- Support executives with their team communications; support the cascading of messaging in way that people are involved and can pro-actively contribute.
- Shape our internal communications platform, tools, systems, and process and orchestrate the delivery of all employee related communications. Be forward thinking with regards to future global footprint and different functions like frontline staff.
- Set up creative and impactful activation programs around our company mission, vision, values, and major initiatives, events, and products.
- Build partnerships with key internal stakeholders and work closely with the people team.
- Set up effective measurements to track progress on the impact of internal communications, engagement levels, and drive the action planning to follow up on the outcomes.
- Be the ambassador of Lilium’s culture, relentlessly driving a consistent ‘voice’ in the company.
- The role typically requires a degree in media, internal communications, external communications, marketing communications, journalism, or other related discipline.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 8+ years of Communications experience, ideally within an international, ever changing environment, preferably in a technical environment with high customer focus.
- People leadership experience of a minimum of 5 years.
- Experience in working at executive level providing support on personal communication and effective team communication.
- Excellent writing skills in fluent English; compelling and positive writing style.
- In terms of competencies:
- Strategic thinking, ability to think fast and see through complexity rapidly
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with delivery focus
- Highly collaboratively, respectful, and open towards others
- High energy and high level of self-reliance
- Resilient to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Able to hold firm on principles while keeping good relations
- Creative and innovative in setting the agenda
- Attention to detail and eagerness to design communication materials with elegance
- Highly motivated to help build and shape the organization, structures, and processes
- Highly curious and outward looking, up to speed with professional developments
- Passion for people. Passion for technique.
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.