A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
Reporting to the Head of Quality POA & Repair you will programme manage the Production Organisation and Repair Approval (POA 21G) of Lilium’s production organisation.
Our PO Quality Team taking care on Production Organisation and Repair activities is responsible for a wide range of tasks related to gain and maintain our Production Organisation Approval from the relevant regulatory bodies. As well as engaging with those bodies and supporting audits, our day-to-day work consists of managing quality conformance, quality escapes and inspection and certification activities within the Lilium production and flight test facilities. We also take care on employee authorisation and certification within Part 21G activities.
The POA and Repair Facilities for Lilium is a long-lasting and business critical approval programme for a complete greenfield domestic and global manufacturing & supply chain set up. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and passionate aerospace programme manager.
Your Day to Day:
Being the primary interface to the airworthiness authorities and their teams for the POA and Repair (145) Approval Programme at Lilium
- Programme Management
- Different levels of planning, including critical path management.
- Governance for every WBS element and running regular governance meetings & reporting to the steering team of Head of Quality - Production, Head of Production & Procurement (as the POA accountable manager), the Head of Procurement and the VP Quality at Lilium.
- Running the POA progress reviews with the NAAs (e.g. LBA) contacts.
- In cooperation with the Project Management Offices of the production plants and supply chain, securing an effective programme management of Production Quality Approval matters.
- Developing the organisation and programme assumptions, the clear scope of the programme as well as the required programme infrastructure
- Managing transparency and progress for all the aspects of POA as required by the NAAs and ensuring this is defined in the respective Quality Management Systems.
- In this position you will work closely with all Production, Procurement and Quality functions as well as with other division within the company, such as Design Organisation Approval and Process Excellence projects.
- Primary duties include:
- Provide direction, supervision, and guidance to the nominated work package owner of the POA programme
- Collaborate with management for planning, execution, and oversight of progress on approval matters
- Develop policies and procedures as required
- Interface with internal and external customers on progress management (PDAC) and if required on corrective actions
- Sourcing and implementing the required quality governance systems, software and processes, including development of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent, or a Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant work experience within an aerospace, manufacturing or supply chain environment (project, program, quality leadership and management in commercial, automotive or aerospace & defense hardware and software technology)
- Proven, successful quality management and/or production experience in aerospace with a strong QMS or BMS background
- Demonstration of having stayed on the leading edge of innovation and best practices in the quality science and Lean Six Sigma
- POA, DOA, Part145, or Air Ops accreditation experience
- Ability to guide others on best practice in changes in products and processes as a value driving activity
- Strong Leadership experience
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.