A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Product Design and you will be working on both exterior and interior design related projects.
Our Product team creates everything that the customer sees, touches and feels around Lilium. We are building and optimizing the whole customer-facing experience and it's our responsibility to integrate the product design of our infrastructure, service and our core product, the Lilium Jet. We'll also ensure that our colleagues who work at the landing pads or who pilot and maintain our aircraft are taken care of with high-end employer products so that they're well placed to deliver our ultimate goal of creating a magical and fully-integrated customer experience.
Therefore you will be a team player, passionate about all aspects of design and creativity, and eager to make the impossible possible. As a Hybrid Modeller you will be responsible for design, optimisation and delivery of 3D surfaces from Concept Stage to Production Surfaces. You will have an outstanding ability to interpret 2D sketches and develop them with engineering information to production standard requirements.
Your Day to Day:
- Creation of complex 3D data using Maya and Alias tools
- Convert 2D design sketches and renderings to 3D suitability to meet production and certification requirements
- Consult with Mechanical Systems/Development Engineers regarding manufacturability of our products
- You will also collaborate with suppliers and vendors to provide technical direction on parts, feasibility and tooling requirements
- Maintain complete records of designs and qualification tests for assigned components
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience as Hybrid Modeller ( Maya & Alias )
- Excellent understanding of technical correlations
- Strong knowledge of material properties and manufacturing processes
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential. Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
- VRED and VR abilities are a plus.
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.