In this position you will be reporting directly to the Head of Product Design and you will be working on both exterior and interior design related projects.
As a Hybrid Modeller you will be responsible for design, optimisation and delivery of 3D surfaces from Concept Stage to Production Surfaces. You will have an outstanding ability to interpret 2D sketches and develop them with engineering information to production standard requirements.
You will work with a small and highly motivated design team where the emphasis is placed on innovative thinking and high quality work. Your personality and professional work ethic will be critical to forming a successful part of our Lilium Design Team.
Therefore you will be a team player, passionate about all aspects of design and creativity, and eager to make the impossible possible.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Creation of complex 3D data using Maya and Alias tools
- Convert 2D design sketches and renderings to 3D suitability to meet production and certification requirements
- Consult with Mechanical Systems/Development Engineers regarding manufacturability of our products
- You will also collaborate with suppliers and vendors to provide technical direction on parts, feasibility and tooling requirements
- Maintain complete records of designs and qualification tests for assigned components
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience as Hybrid Modeller ( Maya & Alias )
- Excellent understanding of technical correlations
- Strong knowledge of material properties and manufacturing processes
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential. Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
- VRED and VR abilities are a plus.
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs