The Lilium People Team is expanding. Due to the hyper growth business context, there is an opportunity for a high caliber HR Payroll and Mobility Expert that is ready to make a real difference and contribution. The role provides the opportunity to work in a great team, building the future service model of the People Function in employee administration, payroll and expatriate management. Lilium is a highly international company with main location in Munich as well as offices in the UK and Switzerland. The employee base is highly international. This bring incremental professional challenges to the role and makes it really exciting.
Do you want to become part of our awesome People team, helping and advising the backbone of Lilium: our people? Do you want to actively influence and improve the employee experience for our Lilians? If you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and are not afraid of realizing your own ideas, we would love to have you in our team!
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
Reporting directly to the Head of People & Development, the Senior Payroll and Mobility Specialist plays an important role in shaping the future people services of Lilium in employee administration, payroll and expatriate management. The role demands a thought leader with deep knowledge of the German Labour Law, Employee Taxes and Social Securities and the curiosity to learn about other countries that Lilium is expanding to. You'll work closely with colleagues across the company - being a team player is critical. Being in a scale up setting, it is expected that you are hands-on to get things done
- Payroll and HR administration
- Run and validate payroll in an outsource model
- Manage and maintain employee payroll data in the HRIS tool “Personio”
- Own payroll-related activities in the employee experience lifecycle, such as on- and offboarding
- Manage relationships with payroll provider with focus on the accuracy and timely receipt of payroll reports
- Support Finance teams with month-end close and coordinate relevant activities, such as reporting, approvals and funding instructions
- Expatriate management
- Manage the relocation processes and personal support to new hires joining from abroad
- Keep process and support model up to date to secure tax compliance
- Service delivery
- Disrupt and be innovative in how service is provided
- Further develop and maintain internal online service portal
- Promptly follow up on all queries from employees
- Report on queries and use of service portal, improve based on insights
- Continuously look for improvements and propose new ideas based on insights
- Support in ad-hoc projects, such as internal and external audits
- Stay up to date with regulations related to Labour Law, Employment Tax, Social Security in Germany as well as in other countries
- Degree in HR or similar with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience in German Employment Tax, Social Securities
- Experience with setting up payroll and leading expatriate management
- Digital savviness and proven track record in setting up new HR processes or HR admin, payroll solutions
- Proficiency with MS Office and data management skills; Experience in Datev and/or Personio is a plus
- Fluent German and English required (verbal and written),
- Highly structured and strong process management skills
- Target-oriented work style driven by analytic problem-solving attitude
- Eagerness and ability to do administration flawless, eye for detail
- Highly service oriented, applying an employee centric service approach
- Able to communicate complex tax, labour law themes in an easy way to non-experts
- Confident and self-reliant. Able to make decisions in ambiguity
- High energy and strong internal drive to work collaboratively with others in a team and cross the company
- Curious and strong growth mindset; driven to constantly learn
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs