Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
In this role will report directly to the Head of People Operations and work closely within our busy, service delivery focused People Operations Department.
The Lilium People Team is expanding. Due to the hyper growth business context, there is an opportunity for a high caliber HR Payroll and Mobility Expert that is ready to make a real difference and contribution. The role provides the opportunity to work in a great team, building the future service model of the People Function in employee administration, payroll and expatriate management. Lilium is a highly international company with main location in Munich as well as offices in the UK and Switzerland. The employee base is highly international. This bring incremental professional challenges to the role and makes it really exciting.
Do you want to become part of our awesome People team, helping and advising the backbone of Lilium: our people? Do you want to actively influence and improve the employee experience for our Lilians? If you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and are not afraid of realizing your own ideas, we would love to have you in our team!
Your Day to Day:
Reporting directly to the Head of People & Development, the Senior Payroll and Mobility Specialist plays an important role in shaping the future people services of Lilium in employee administration, payroll and expatriate management. The role demands a thought leader with deep knowledge of the German Labour Law, Employee Taxes and Social Securities and the curiosity to learn about other countries that Lilium is expanding to. You'll work closely with colleagues across the company - being a team player is critical. Being in a scale up setting, it is expected that you are hands-on to get things done
- Payroll and HR administration
- Run and validate payroll in an outsource model
- Manage and maintain employee payroll data in the HRIS tool “Personio”
- Own payroll-related activities in the employee experience lifecycle, such as on- and offboarding
- Manage relationships with payroll provider with focus on the accuracy and timely receipt of payroll reports
- Support Finance teams with month-end close and coordinate relevant activities, such as reporting, approvals and funding instructions
- Expatriate management
- Manage the relocation processes and personal support to new hires joining from abroad
- Keep process and support model up to date to secure tax compliance
- Service delivery
- Disrupt and be innovative in how service is provided
- Further develop and maintain internal online service portal
- Promptly follow up on all queries from employees
- Report on queries and use of service portal, improve based on insights
- Continuously look for improvements and propose new ideas based on insights
- Support in ad-hoc projects, such as internal and external audits
- Stay up to date with regulations related to Labour Law, Employment Tax, Social Security in Germany as well as in other countries
- Degree in HR or similar with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience in German Employment Tax, Social Securities
- Experience with setting up payroll and leading expatriate management
- Digital savviness and proven track record in setting up new HR processes or HR admin, payroll solutions
- Proficiency with MS Office and data management skills; Experience in Datev and/or Personio is a plus
- Fluent German and English required (verbal and written),
- Highly structured and strong process management skills
- Target-oriented work style driven by analytic problem-solving attitude
- Eagerness and ability to do administration flawless, eye for detail
- Highly service oriented, applying an employee centric service approach
- Able to communicate complex tax, labour law themes in an easy way to non-experts
- Confident and self-reliant. Able to make decisions in ambiguity
- High energy and strong internal drive to work collaboratively with others in a team and cross the company
- Curious and strong growth mindset; driven to constantly learn
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.