We are looking for an outstanding Simulator Software Engineer to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of simulator development in the emerging E-VTOL industry.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop and integrate software for the engineering simulator which covers broad range of software applications within a distributed architecture.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your day to day:
- Development of modular, scalable software applications for our engineering simulators, for example:
- Applications to command, control, monitor and test the simulator
- GUIs representing aircraft instrumentation and avionics displays
- Software Interface development for simulator components, i.e: Visual System
- Development of aircraft communications and acoustic models
- Development of various other peripheral software systems to enable and enhance simulation usability and operation
- Perform hardware/software integration & testing on flight simulator devices.
- Integration of in-house simulation models and third-party applications into the simulator distributed architecture
- Keep current on future technologies and products to determine where and how such products can be incorporated into designs
- BA/MA in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or similar degree
- At least 3 years of experience working in software development, ideally in a distributed, real time simulation context
- Strong expertise with industry standard programming and scripting languages (e.g C++, Python), communication protocols/architectures and real time Operating Systems
- Familiarity with software development best practices
- Strong expertise with with GUI development tools
- Practical experience with automatic HiL test benches or rapid-prototyping equipment is a plus
- Proficiency in Simulink Real Time, Speedgoat and the integration of Simulink Coder generated code is a plus
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs