We are looking for an outstanding Modeling and Simulation Engineer to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of modeling & simulation in the emerging E-VTOL industry.
The preferred candidate will have a broad technical knowledge and have a strong desire for innovation. Your primary responsibility will be to develop models of our unique aircraft and systems for deployment into a wide range of business uses, including immersive simulation environments.
You will work within the growing modeling and simulation department and enjoy the exciting learning opportunity that this department offers through its inherently multi-disciplinary nature.
Your Day to Day:
- Support the development of flight dynamics models
- Develop aircraft and avionics system models
- Support integration of models within the real time simulator infrastructure
- Support automation methods for model development and testing
- Execute and document the verification and validation activities for the simulation framework and system models. Write reports on model and architecture descriptions, design study outcomes and data requests
- Contribute to shaping the processes of the department
- BSc/Meng/MSc in Aeronautical / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or similar degree.
- Outstanding academic track record, relevant professional experience is a strong plus.
- Proven record of writing software in MATLAB is essential.
- Experience (academic or professional) in Model Based Design using Simulink is essential.
- Experience with Flight Dynamics topics and practical implementation is a plus.
- Knowledge of Simulink Real-time, Simulink coder and Simscape is a plus.
- Knowledge of industry standard programming/scripting languages (i.e. C++, Python) is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience of working with the wider simulator environment is a plus (for example Hardware/Pilot-in-the-loop testing).
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must.
- Driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs