A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will work within the growing modeling and simulation department and enjoy the exciting learning opportunity that this department offers through its inherently multi-disciplinary nature.
Our Modelling and Simulation team is at the cutting edge of aircraft model development, bringing our Lilium Jet model to life in a virtual, simulated world powered by state-of-the-art technology. We work with teams across Lilium, from Test Pilots to Chief Engineers, to understand and model how the aircraft of tomorrow will perform.
We are looking for an outstanding Modeling and Simulation Engineer to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of modeling & simulation in the emerging E-VTOL industry.
The preferred candidate will have a broad technical knowledge and have a strong desire for innovation. Your primary responsibility will be to develop models of our unique aircraft and systems for deployment into a wide range of business uses, including immersive simulation environments.
Your Day to Day:
- Support the development of flight dynamics models
- Develop aircraft and avionics system models
- Support integration of models within the real time simulator infrastructure
- Support automation methods for model development and testing
- Execute and document the verification and validation activities for the simulation framework and system models. Write reports on model and architecture descriptions, design study outcomes and data requests
- Contribute to shaping the processes of the department
- BSc/Meng/MSc in Aeronautical / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or similar degree.
- Outstanding academic track record, relevant professional experience is a strong plus.
- Proven record of writing software in MATLAB is essential.
- Experience (academic or professional) in Model Based Design using Simulink is essential.
- Experience with Flight Dynamics topics and practical implementation is a plus.
- Knowledge of Simulink Real-time, Simulink coder and Simscape is a plus.
- Knowledge of industry standard programming/scripting languages (i.e. C++, Python) is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience of working with the wider simulator environment is a plus (for example Hardware/Pilot-in-the-loop testing).
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must.
- Driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.