We are looking for an ambitious and experienced product development leader who will drive the full interior development of Lilium's revolutionary product & business model.
You will be reporting directly to Chief Engineering while having the complete ownership and end-to-end responsibility over the complete aircraft interior.
You will lead and coordinate engineering activities in a cross-functional team from initial concepts through detailed design, certification, production and testing. Within your team the Human Interfaces for pilot and passengers, the interior design as well as NVH, lighting and cabin air supply are to be considered.. In your position you will support and advise the team members during their daily tasks and coordinate their efforts in respect to other systems and Chief Engineering. At Lilium we put the Human at the center and in this role you will be the foremost advocate to ensure these beliefs are reflected in the interior and customer experience on board.
The role requires an experienced individual who can support his team on delivering the highest quality in short timescales. A proactive approach as well as effective execution of tasks are essential in this fast paced environment, while always keeping the full aircraft in mind.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead engineering team on all aircraft interior components (non-disciplinary)
- Create development strategy, project work scope, deliverables in accordance with the overall timeline
- Work in close collaboration with product design and engineering teams to deliver a world-class interior and a magical user experience
- Integration and interface coordination with other systems
- Development of general certification and manufacturing approaches for the interior
- Resource & workload planning and coordination
- Support the creation of component specifications and other technical design documents
- Ensure the product development process meets safety, time, cost, weight and quality targets
- Degree in mechanical-, automotive-, aerospace-, lightweight engineering or similar
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Minimum of 1 full development cycle through design, development, release and launch for a complete interior system in a leadership role
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs
- Excellent communication, negotiation and project management skills
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as individually
- Target-oriented work style with analytical problem solving skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other languages is beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.