In this position you will be the key internal point of contact for tax compliance matters and work closely with the finance, legal and people teams to develop a high quality and proactive tax function. This role will report directly to the Head of Finance.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. The successful candidate will be a motivated and driven professional who is ready to apply their technical skills in a dynamic and exciting environment. You will be part of a team building out processes and systems that will define the company into the future. Further down the line are exciting possible career trajectories covering tax, financial reporting or internal audit in either a domestic or international context.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Manage the planning, compliance and reporting in various areas of tax (such as, but not limited to, VAT, Transfer Pricing, payroll tax and trade tax) in connection with our external tax advisors.
- Hands-on and proactive identification and processing of all German and international tax matters.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders to deliver high quality outcomes across all tax matters, both project-based and recurring compliance activities.
- Prepare tax calculations for annual submissions.
- Work with the team to design, implement and improve existing internal processes.
- Be the key contact for all tax related matters, for both the finance team and external advisors.
- Work on ad hoc tasks, reports or projects.
- Undergraduate degree and 5+ years work experience in a tax function either in a Big 4 firm, tax firm or equivalent industry role with international tax experience.
- Masters degree, certified German tax consultant (“Steuerberater”) designation or equivalent qualification in a tax discipline with specific DACH focus.
- Advanced understanding of IFRS and HGB accounting standards.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organising workload and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail coupled with a pragmatic and commercial outlook.
- Excellent communicator and able to build trust within the business.
- Comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company.
- Fluent in English and German.
Please submit your CV in English and a cover letter outlining how you meet the profile.
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs