A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering Quality, you will be responsible for Software (SW) and Complex Electronic Hardware (CEH) quality assurance activities to show RTCS DO-178C and RTCA DO-254 compliance.
The Quality Design Engineering team plays a critical role in ensuring our business achieves the relevant approvals we'll need to certify and operate the Lilium Jet. We monitor our Design Organisation Approvals (DOA) and the Design Assurance of Engineering Quality.
Your Day to Day
- Performing Software / Complex Electronic Hardware (CEH) Quality/ISM activities including preparing/executing SW / CEH Quality Plans
- Monitoring transition criteria defined in the plans,
- Monitoring verification activities (peer reviews, test, analyses etc)
- Organize & Support Pre-SOI Audits
- Performing SW/CEH Conformity Reviews
- Interface with authority representatives as required
- Support SW/CEH related risk and opportunity management activities
- Support Process Excellence Team and Process Owners about SW/CEH Quality related topics
- Support DOA team about SW/CEH Quality related topics
- Degree in the computer, software or electrical engineering (Ph.D./ M. Sc.) or similar is desired
- 5+ years of experience in SW/CEH Quality Assurance
- 5+ years of experience in RTCA DO-178B/C
- 5+ years of experience in RTCA DO-254
- Experience in Aerospace System Development Standards and/or best practices such as ARP4754 is beneficial
- Previous experience in SW/CEH design is beneficial
- Strong communication skills
- Target-oriented work-style with analytic problem-solving skills
- Able to travel for external quality activities (auditing, test witnessing etc.)
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills is required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.