A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for an outstanding battery engineer or data scientist to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
Our Energy Storage team is responsible for the full lifecycle of our energy storage systems, from design to maintenance and management of the energy consumed across all components and in our cabin. We are building a world-class team that will work across topics such as component design, thermal and air conditioning, power and battery management, battery cell engineering, testing and high voltage battery management.
As part of the Cell and Battery Technology team within the Energy Systems department, you will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility of battery data management. You will also develop the necessary tools for advanced analytics and deliver actionable insights into battery performance and lifetime.
Your work will be essential in the development of an innovative energy storage system that meets challenging performance, mass and size targets. With many interfaces to other engineering teams, your work comprises multi-disciplinary tasks with tight timescales that require focused, efficient and proactive thinking to develop effective and creative interface solutions. Having great ideas and the ability to implement them, you will find the perfect place to work at Lilium.
Your Day to Day:
- Development of scalable pipelines for multi-level battery data originating from prototypes, field units and other sources
- End-to-end responsibility for data storage, querying, aggregation, analysis and visualization
- Application of advanced data analytics, such as machine learning, for continuous improvement of battery performance and lifetime
- Close cooperation with fellow battery engineers for data requirements in support of design, simulation and test activities
- Support the development of series production processes and process standardization across departments
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks to support our fast-paced development activities
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of end-to-end experience with large-scale structured data (industry or academic)
- Extensive experience in statistical analysis, artificial intelligence and data visualization
- Working knowledge of battery performance indicators and lifetime estimation techniques
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink required
- Experience in lithium-ion battery modelling and characterization would be beneficial
- Experience with Apache Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra or other big data technologies would be beneficial
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills are required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.