We are looking for an outstanding battery engineer or data scientist to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
As part of the Cell and Battery Technology team within the Energy Systems department, you will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility of battery data management. You will also develop the necessary tools for advanced analytics and deliver actionable insights into battery performance and lifetime.
Your work will be essential in the development of an innovative energy storage system that meets challenging performance, mass and size targets. With many interfaces to other engineering teams, your work comprises multi-disciplinary tasks with tight timescales that require focused, efficient and proactive thinking to develop effective and creative interface solutions.
Having great ideas and the ability to implement them, you will find the perfect place to work at Lilium.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Development of scalable pipelines for multi-level battery data originating from prototypes, field units and other sources
- End-to-end responsibility for data storage, querying, aggregation, analysis and visualization
- Application of advanced data analytics, such as machine learning, for continuous improvement of battery performance and lifetime
- Close cooperation with fellow battery engineers for data requirements in support of design, simulation and test activities
- Support the development of series production processes and process standardization across departments
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks to support our fast-paced development activities
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of end-to-end experience with large-scale structured data (industry or academic)
- Extensive experience in statistical analysis, artificial intelligence and data visualization
- Working knowledge of battery performance indicators and lifetime estimation techniques
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink required
- Experience in lithium-ion battery modelling and characterization would be beneficial
- Experience with Apache Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra or other big data technologies would be beneficial
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills are required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs