We are looking for an ambitious, reliable, and experienced Health and Safety professional to create and maintain a world-class Health and Safety environment throughout the Production Organization, ensuring that everyone in the company complies with local health and safety laws.
This role will be part of the Lilium’s Production Organization, which is tasked with converting the design of the Lilium Jet into sustainable manufacturing solutions. As the Production Health and Safety Officer you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards and create meaningful improvements while minimizing bureaucracy. You will also be able to discover opportunities for continuous improvement, execute various safety programs, and lead the Production Organization into becoming a gold standard for the entire company’s Health and Safety culture.
The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety. Therefore, knowledge of German Health and Safety Law and the ability to translate these requirements into a multidisciplinary company culture is essential. Experience in a high voltage production environment is also required.
In this position, you will provide a safety landscape for a rapid evolving organisation to secure a best-in-class production environment to meet the business targets in accordance with EASA 21G, EN9100, and ISO14001 standards.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable production operation using the latest in digital technologies.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal requirements
- Create Standard Operating procedures in accordance to legal requirements
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety, including (but not limited to) hazardous goods handling, risk assessments, ergonomics, lockout-tagout, emergency response, and regular audits
- Create and empower teams of safety representatives through all levels of the organisation
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws through inspections & audits
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities, or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- vEVK (Verantwortliche Elektrofachkraft) for facilities and infrastructure
- Support maintenance in ensuring compliance to applicable equipment safety laws
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Hands-on mentality, execution-focused, and strong cross functional collaboration
- Proven experience as safety manager with demonstrated impact in prior roles
- HOP (Human Factors and Operational Performance) training is a plus
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Valid qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- Fluent English and German languages are both required
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs