A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Aircraft Assembly and work closely with our Final Assembly team.
The Final Assembly team takes care of all jet assembly processes, integrating the many individual components into the final Lilium Jet product. It incorporates functions such as Aircraft Assembly, Final Assembly, Logistics and the Lilium Academy.
We are looking for an ambitious, reliable, and experienced Health and Safety professional to create and maintain a world-class Health and Safety environment throughout the Production Organization, ensuring that everyone in the company complies with local health and safety laws. This role will be part of the Lilium’s Production Organization, which is tasked with converting the design of the Lilium Jet into sustainable manufacturing solutions. As the Production Health and Safety Officer you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards and create meaningful improvements while minimizing bureaucracy. You will also be able to discover opportunities for continuous improvement, execute various safety programs, and lead the Production Organization into becoming a gold standard for the entire company’s Health and Safety culture.
The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety. Therefore, knowledge of German Health and Safety Law and the ability to translate these requirements into a multidisciplinary company culture is essential. Experience in a high voltage production environment is also required. In this position, you will provide a safety landscape for a rapid evolving organisation to secure a best-in-class production environment to meet the business targets in accordance with EASA 21G, EN9100, and ISO14001 standards.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable production operation using the latest in digital technologies.
Your Day to Day:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal requirements
- Create Standard Operating procedures in accordance to legal requirements
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety, including (but not limited to) hazardous goods handling, risk assessments, ergonomics, lockout-tagout, emergency response, and regular audits
- Create and empower teams of safety representatives through all levels of the organisation
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws through inspections & audits
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities, or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- vEVK (Verantwortliche Elektrofachkraft) for facilities and infrastructure
- Support maintenance in ensuring compliance to applicable equipment safety laws
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Hands-on mentality, execution-focused, and strong cross functional collaboration
- Proven experience as safety manager with demonstrated impact in prior roles
- HOP (Human Factors and Operational Performance) training is a plus
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Valid qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- Fluent English and German languages are both required
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.