A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Production and to Quality, you will perform quality control inspections of items during goods receipt, assembly and delivery processes at Lilium’s Production facility. you will also work closely with our Final Assembly team.
The Final Assembly team takes care of all jet assembly processes, integrating the many individual components into the final Lilium Jet product. It incorporates functions such as Aircraft Assembly, Final Assembly, Logistics and the Lilium Academy.
As part of the Production work flow, you are going to measure and check conformity of items against their correspondent specifications, work instructions and drawings, and launch the results into the ERP system to make them available for use. You will also raise Non-Conformance Reports to communicate discrepancies, and support their resolution with the necessary back-up documentation.
Your Day to Day:
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections for electronics and mechanical components during the incoming inspection and the assembly process, as defined by the documentation provided by the company, and selecting the applicable measurement devices to measure the item within the established tolerances. Perform the subsequent registration of the items into the relevant documentation and on the ERP system.
- Provides quality assurance inspections for electrical and mechanical systems.
- Work together with the Quality, Production and Engineering teams to communicate hardware and process discrepancies, and obtain satisfactory documentation to enable the disposition of the item.
- Maintain the organisation defined in the area and provide suggestions for problem solving.
- This is an interim position for a contract of 3 months of duration. Contract extension will be considered dependant on performance and business requirement.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in similar functions, on Aerospace or Automotive companies.
- Must have inspection experience with electrical components and avionics systems.
- Is fully familiar with the conformity requirements for incoming goods and is able to read and interpret the content of documents such as First Article Inspection, electronic and mechanical drawings and the different types of Certificates of Conformity.
- Has experience with composite materials, electronic components, aerostructures and mechanic/mechatronic components.
- Is able to read and interpret drawings and work instructions.
- Has proven experience in metrology and in the selection and use of measurement devices.
- Driven, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success – without ego.
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organisation.
- English language is required for this position. Fluency in German is well desired.
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.