We are looking for an experienced Industrial Mechanic who will be hands-on in the manufacture of Lilium’s revolutionary product.
In this position you will report directly to the Production Team Leaders from different departments focused on producing and assembling systems of the Lilium Jet. As a Industrial Mechanic, you will be working directly in the manufacturing environment and assemble various components of our Aircraft, Propulsion, and Battery systems. You will play a crucial role in Design-for-Make, in which your feedback will drive design improvements with the support from the Manufacturing Engineering team. You will engage in the production of new designs, installation of modules on to the Lilium Jet, and rapid prototyping of new designs. You will take ownership for your work areas and build a well-controlled, lean production environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, integrated production.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Work in a self-directed, flexible team of mechanics and electricians
- Responsible for delivery and quality in all stages of the assembly process
- Follow work instructions and program plans
- Assemble multiple types of subsystems across the Lilium Jet product space, ranging from combining electrical and structural components to working with composites
- Troubleshoot and provide feedback of errors to the corresponding teams
- Participate in root cause analyses and problem-solving workouts
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to improve processes, equipment & tooling, and repair solutions
- Improve manufacturing standards and process requirementswith Manufacturing and Design Engineering
- Support digital improvements and innovations while working with manufacturing execution systems
- Execute and build a rigorous attention to Lean principles and tool control
- Assist technology acquisition and new factory installation & commissioning by providing key lessons learned from manual assembly processes
- Educational background as production mechanic or technican required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacture and/or repair of electrical and mechanical components with small components
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on situation
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, ply books, repair SOPs
- Experience with operating and maintaining a wide variety of hand and power tools, shop tools, test equipment.
- Target-oriented work approach with analytic problem-solving skills required
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Experience operating high volume production machinery preferred
- Experience in a lean production environment with exposure to electronics is a plus
- Fluent English required, German language is a plus
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs