In this role, you will report directly to our Head of Maintenance and work closely with members of the aircraft maintenance, aircraft engineering, and production teams, as well as our infrastructure and airline operations teams. Your contribution will be key for the development of Lilium’s ground-breaking aircraft and service quality.
The focus of this position is to develop and improve future maintenance concepts of our aircraft and develop the first maintenance programmes. You will be the critical driver to design, implement, and execute our initial maintenance strategy. Furthermore, you will establish the nucleus of our future global maintenance engineering organisation.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Spearhead projects to implement Design for Maintenance - Utilise analytics and work with the lifecycle management team to identify improvement opportunities for the design of the aircraft
- Drive “Design to Value” and “Design for Maintenance” for all systems and components of the Lilium jet - Relentlessly drive product & engineering improvement, cost-out, and simplification projects with high frequency throughout the aircraft design phase
- Provide the best process & technology solutions and analytical support to meet aircraft design requirements and business targets
- Implement maintenance engineering to develop processes and maintenance programmes through active interactions with the operations teams and different aircraft engineering functions
- Develop our future maintenance programmes, reliability programmes, and production planning in conjunction with the airline commercial team
- Start creating maintenance work packages, planning of maintenance tasks including global hangar concepts, future manpower requirements, definition of tooling and equipment needs, design of the spares allocation / material planning requirements to support aircraft scheduled maintenance inputs in conjunction with our aircraft production team
- Support the implementation of the relevant IT infrastructure
- Ensure continued airworthiness management
- BA / MA in Aeronautical Engineering and / or BA / MA in Business Administration degree desired
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in aircraft maintenance and manufacturing; Minimum of 2 years of experience in Design for Maintenance role
- Aviation working experience is required
- Good understanding of aircraft maintenance planning and material planning requirements as related to Part M & Part 145
- General understanding of Part M & Part 145 and corresponding regulations
- Experience in managing stakeholders and authorities to ensure operations performance
- Experience in developing, managing, and growing high performance teams
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (German language skills a plus, as well as other languages)
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company, as well as handling multiple priorities while constantly meeting deadlines
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs