A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Maintenance and work closely with members of the aircraft maintenance, aircraft engineering, and production teams, as well as our infrastructure and airline operations teams.
Our Maintenance team ensures the continued airworthiness of the Lilium fleet, whilst implementing the most effective maintenance programme, achieving highest level of aircraft reliability, and managing the lowest overall maintenance cost base. Our core purpose is to support Lilium’s operation and customer service promise. We strive to be a modern maintenance organisation that leverages latest technology and materials, harnesses the power of digitalization, and constantly innovates in our maintenance strategy.
Your contribution will be key for the development of Lilium’s ground-breaking aircraft and service quality. The focus of this position is to develop and improve future maintenance concepts of our aircraft and develop the first maintenance programmes. You will be the critical driver to design, implement, and execute our initial maintenance strategy. Furthermore, you will establish the nucleus of our future global maintenance engineering organisation.
Your Day to Day:
- Spearhead projects to implement Design for Maintenance - Utilise analytics and work with the lifecycle management team to identify improvement opportunities for the design of the aircraft
- Drive “Design to Value” and “Design for Maintenance” for all systems and components of the Lilium jet - Relentlessly drive product & engineering improvement, cost-out, and simplification projects with high frequency throughout the aircraft design phase
- Provide the best process & technology solutions and analytical support to meet aircraft design requirements and business targets
- Implement maintenance engineering to develop processes and maintenance programmes through active interactions with the operations teams and different aircraft engineering functions
- Develop our future maintenance programmes, reliability programmes, and production planning in conjunction with the airline commercial team
- Start creating maintenance work packages, planning of maintenance tasks including global hangar concepts, future manpower requirements, definition of tooling and equipment needs, design of the spares allocation / material planning requirements to support aircraft scheduled maintenance inputs in conjunction with our aircraft production team
- Support the implementation of the relevant IT infrastructure
- Ensure continued airworthiness management
- BA / MA in Aeronautical Engineering and / or BA / MA in Business Administration degree desired
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in aircraft maintenance and manufacturing; Minimum of 2 years of experience in Design for Maintenance role
- Aviation working experience is required
- Good understanding of aircraft maintenance planning and material planning requirements as related to Part M & Part 145
- General understanding of Part M & Part 145 and corresponding regulations
- Experience in managing stakeholders and authorities to ensure operations performance
- Experience in developing, managing, and growing high performance teams
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (German language skills a plus, as well as other languages)
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company, as well as handling multiple priorities while constantly meeting deadlines
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.