In this role, you will report directly to our Head of Maintenance and work closely with members of the aircraft maintenance, aircraft engineering, and aircraft production teams. Your contribution will be key for the development of Lilium’s ground-breaking aircraft and service quality.
The focus of this position is the definition and management of the aircraft's lifecycle costs, both for the overall aircraft, as well as for all key systems and components. The goals for this role are
- to have a fully defined lifecycle cost process, including financial modelling supported by the appropriate governance,
- to implement cost efficiencies reviews along the lifecycle, supported by the definition of processes and tools to identify opportunities to influence the lifecycle cost levels, and
- to establish an engagement model with all stakeholders.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Provide a cost management focal point for product engineers and managers and support scenario planning to support design and production decisions
- Define, plan, coordinate and conduct a comprehensive set of product and subsystem level reviews, change boards, and audits to manage change incorporation
- Conduct financial analysis of change requests and product features incorporating all considerations on manpower, material, logistics, and operational impact
- Work with product & design teams in the development and implementation of project & design maintenance cost estimates and budgets that provide control baseline for performance measurement
- Ensure design concepts, as well as maintenance budgets and cost are developed taking cognisance of commercial and safety / airworthiness requirements
- Manage and coordinate cost interfaces (Internal & External) and sources of cost information (incl. supply chain, sub-contractors, etc.)
- Monitor and update cost reports throughout the product lifecycle, implementing managed change to budgets, providing robust reporting data to Project teams. Develop, analyse and report data contributing to its continued improvement.
- Identify efficiencies or improvements in all areas – Determine major product and service cost drivers and uncertainties and influence key technology owners to develop capabilities to close any identified gaps
- Prepare reports for management to support design processes and enable clear fact-based decision making
- BA / MA in Aeronautical Engineering and / or BA / MA in Business Administration degree desired
- 5 years related experience with a proven track record of working successfully with product and engineering teams, managing the link between schedule, cost, quality, schedule, and risk
- Experience on significant aviation design projects and product management
- Aviation working experience is required
- Current and relevant experience of the Industry, Maintenance and Airworthiness Planning and Manpower Logistics
- Exceptional strategic thinker and analytical skills; ability to address cross-functional and cross-organizational issues independently
- Experience in working in and developing high performance teams
- Proven track record of rapid execution at highest standards
- Strong academic background, especially in engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (German language skills a plus, as well as other languages)
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company, as well as handling multiple priorities while constantly meeting deadlines
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs