In this position you will report directly to our Head of Propulsion and you will play a major role in developing the mechanical concept of our proprietary ducted fan engines for a manned aircraft from prototype till serial production.
We are seeking a flexible an open personality to join our development team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable production operation using the latest in digital technologies.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for the development and/or integration of a system, for the aircraft or for a research project, depending on the needs
- Define the requirements and interfaces of the system, in agreement with the functions stakeholders, the Chief Design Engineer, and related sub-systems integrators
- Coordinate the development with the component engineers, CAD designers, calculation engineers, manufacturing engineers from the beginning until release for production
- Actively participate to the system technical definition. Finds appropriate ways of overcoming technical challenges
- Responsible to deliver the sub-system engineering data on time, satisfying the requirements
- Write justification reports
- Follow the first assemblies and supports production
- Specify, follow and analyze test campaigns
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- Sc./M.Eng./PhD in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering desired
- 3 to 10 years of experience in a similar position (work on rotating machines preferred)
- Fundamental knowledge in mechanical assembly theory, simulation and practical implementation
- Good knowledge of thermal transfer mechanisms and/or electric machines is a plus
- Strong motivation to help build and shape our organization, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are desired, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs