A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Propulsion and you will play a major role in developing the mechanical concept of our proprietary ducted fan engines for a manned aircraft from prototype till serial production.
Our Propulsion team is responsible for the development of our innovative all-electric engines and the flaps they are part of. The flaps are used to propel the aircraft in different flight conditions, based on the concept of thrust vectoring, while our 36 engines solve the challenge of zero-emissions flight.
We are seeking a flexible an open personality to join our development team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable production operation using the latest in digital technologies.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for the development and/or integration of a system, for the aircraft or for a research project, depending on the needs
- Define the requirements and interfaces of the system, in agreement with the functions stakeholders, the Chief Design Engineer, and related sub-systems integrators
- Coordinate the development with the component engineers, CAD designers, calculation engineers, manufacturing engineers from the beginning until release for production
- Actively participate to the system technical definition. Finds appropriate ways of overcoming technical challenges
- Responsible to deliver the sub-system engineering data on time, satisfying the requirements
- Write justification reports
- Follow the first assemblies and supports production
- Specify, follow and analyze test campaigns
- Work on any ad-hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- Sc./M.Eng./PhD in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering desired
- 3 to 10 years of experience in a similar position (work on rotating machines preferred)
- Fundamental knowledge in mechanical assembly theory, simulation and practical implementation
- Good knowledge of thermal transfer mechanisms and/or electric machines is a plus
- Strong motivation to help build and shape our organization, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are desired, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.