In this position you will report directly to the Head of Propulsion and will be responsible for the technical execution on all aspects of the design of our ducted fans.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead the design of the engine, in order to meet the requirements
- Provide technical leadership, propose innovative solutions when needed
- Define the requirements and organize the technical development of the sub-systems
- Manage the interfaces with other systems
- Ensure high-quality engineering standards, responsible for the design documentation
- Continuously monitor and grow the design maturity level
- Provide regular updates to the Head of Department on the engineering design progress
- Take active part in the hiring process and help us find excellent engineers
- Masters Degree or PhD in Aeronautics, Physics, Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, 5+ years experience in Chief Engineering Office environment required
- Aerospace or automotive background and proven track record in complex engineering projects execution
- Demonstrated experience managing all technical aspects in Engineering Life-Cycle from Requirements definition to Production
- Excellent generalist capabilities and quickly adopting any new technical field
- Strong motivation to help build and shape our organization, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs