We are looking for an outstanding Flight Physics Engineer with aircraft performance and flight mechanics experience to join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly growing Calculation department. You will report to the Flight Physics Team Leader, working closely with the Flight Simulation, Flight Control Laws, Operations, and Flight Test departments.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Take the leading role for the development of the flight performance simulation environment and performance requirements
- Develop a throughout understanding of the aerodynamics of our unique aircraft configuration to to derive acceptable performance targets and means of compliance for certification
- Working closely together with the Aerodynamics team to propose and perform numerical simulations and post-processing of all related results
- Working closely together with the Propulsion and Energy Storage departments to optimize the engine/airframe modeling approach
- Support the Operations team with the development and analyses of flight trajectories
- Create engineering and certifications reports
- Actively help shape processes within the department
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
- M.Sc. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering required
- 5+ years of professional experience in performance certification (CS.23/25 and/or CS.27/29)
- 5+ years of professional experience in aircraft operations with focus on performance optimization
- 5+ years of professional experience in an aerodynamic design and development environment
- In-depth knowledge of design and optimization techniques applicable to aircraft aerodynamics
- Experience with handling qualities and flight test interfaces is a strong plus
- Clear communicator and team player
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs