We are looking for an outstanding thermal engineer with specific knowledge in refrigerant/vapor compression cycles to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
You will sit within the Thermal Systems team of the Energy Systems department with direct report to our Head of Energy Systems. You will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility over development and implementation of the refrigerant cycle for the Lilium aircraft.
Your work will be essential to develop and integrate an innovative thermal management system that meets challenging performance, mass, and size targets. With many interfaces to other engineering teams your work comprises multidisciplinary tasks with tight timescales, which require focused, creative and proactive thinking to develop an effective and efficient thermal management system.
Having great ideas and ability to implement them, you will find the perfect place to work at Lilium.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Development specialist of an innovative thermal management system for the Lilium aircraft with special focus on the design of the refrigerant/vapor compression cycle
- Maintenance of system requirements and derivation of specifications according to acceptable means of compliance like CS-23 and DO-160
- Identification of and collaboration with development partners and suppliers on components and system level
- Resource and workload planning as well as coordination and cooperation with interfacing teams from Energy Systems, CAD, Calculation, Production, and Testing
- Collaboration in verification and validation until certification
- Support of development of series production processes and process standardization across departments
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks to support our fast-paced development activities
- Degree in mechanical-, mechatronic-, electrical-, aerospace engineering (Ph.D./ M. Sc.) or similar is desired
- 5+ years of professional experience in developing refrigerant cycles required
- Preferably, you have been involved in the entire development process of refrigerant cycles, from design to production
- Strong technical overview over availability and combinability of state-of-the-art components of refrigerant cycles required
- Experience in certification processes and procedures beneficial
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs