A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Energy Storage and sit within the Thermal Systems team of the Energy Storage department.
Our Energy Storage team is responsible for the full lifecycle of our energy storage systems, from design to maintenance and management of the energy consumed across all components and in our cabin. We are building a world-class team that will work across topics such as component design, thermal and air conditioning, power and battery management, battery cell engineering, testing and high voltage battery management.
We are looking for an outstanding thermal engineer with specific knowledge in refrigerant/vapor compression cycles to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility. You will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility over development and implementation of the refrigerant cycle for the Lilium aircraft.
Your work will be essential to develop and integrate an innovative thermal management system that meets challenging performance, mass, and size targets. With many interfaces to other engineering teams your work comprises multidisciplinary tasks with tight timescales, which require focused, creative and proactive thinking to develop an effective and efficient thermal management system. Having great ideas and ability to implement them, you will find the perfect place to work at Lilium.
Your Day to Day:
- Development specialist of an innovative thermal management system for the Lilium aircraft with special focus on the design of the refrigerant/vapor compression cycle
- Maintenance of system requirements and derivation of specifications according to acceptable means of compliance like CS-23 and DO-160
- Identification of and collaboration with development partners and suppliers on components and system level
- Resource and workload planning as well as coordination and cooperation with interfacing teams from Energy Systems, CAD, Calculation, Production, and Testing
- Collaboration in verification and validation until certification
- Support of development of series production processes and process standardization across departments
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks to support our fast-paced development activities
- Degree in mechanical-, mechatronic-, electrical-, aerospace engineering (Ph.D./ M. Sc.) or similar is desired
- 5+ years of professional experience in developing refrigerant cycles required
- Preferably, you have been involved in the entire development process of refrigerant cycles, from design to production
- Strong technical overview over availability and combinability of state-of-the-art components of refrigerant cycles required
- Experience in certification processes and procedures beneficial
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.