This position is located within the Energy Storage department with direct report to our Head of Energy Storage. You will develop the aircraft’s high power distribution and the means to control and protect it.
Your Day to Day:
- Design of innovative HV power distribution units with focus on network/load switching and protection concepts at up to 1500 VDC
- Specification of system, subsystem, and component requirements
- Network and component modelling and simulation, especially regarding electrothermal and transient behaviour
- Close cooperation with battery management engineers and avionics engineers regarding design, interfaces and control
- Close cooperation with mechanical engineers responsible for mechanical component design and integration
- Specification and support of system validation and verification according to acceptable means of compliance like DO-160, DO-311
- Support of development of series production processes and process standardization across departments
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- M.Sc./Eng. or PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related field required
- Min. 5 years of professional or academic experience in electrical engineering, preferably experience of electric vehicles – HV charging, HV battery, HV powertrain systems and requirements
- Strong knowledge of standards and good practices in electrical wiring, printed circuits, EMC, bonding, insulation, and related electrotechnical components and materials
- Skilled in electrical network modelling and analysis
- Experience in semiconductor technology and power electronics would be advantageous
- Experience in capture tools, such as Siemens Polarion or IBM Rational Doors would be advantageous
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills are required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs