We are looking for an experienced Senior Controls & Automation Engineer to play a pivotal role in ensuring a highly reliable machinery control system that meets all functional, performance, quality and safety specifications while delivering unique technical features including SCADA and MES. You will you act as the Electrical/Controls technical lead on various projects, but you will also supervise electrical and controls engineers on these projects. You will work with cross-functional teams including Design Engineering, Quality, Production and Maintenance to bring our Jet through prototype development and finally into full production.
You will provide the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet the design requirements and the business targets
Reporting to the team leader Robotics and Automation, you will be accountable for the design and development of the electrical and controls systems architecture from concept, preliminary and detailed design and development including testing of the electrical, electronics, and software.
Your Day to Day:
- Specify and develop the controls architecture for Lilium robotic automated manufacturing systems, with the ability to develop and program custom automated equipment and Robots. You will be the controls lead on multiple machine systems. Provide technical support to suppliers and internal customers. Perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, PLC and servo controls. Provide technical direction for controls engineering team members
- Development of control system architecture and standards for the automation of production facilities, shop floor and MES systems interface
- Lead the development of electrical/controls design solutions to meet functional and performance requirements of lilium Robotics and Automation team including specification and implementation on automation projects in our production network across all project phases (concept development, requirements definition, supplier selection, tests
- Participate in specification and standard creation, release to vendor and quote technical evaluation and ensure compliance with design reviews, including preliminary automation design, concept development.
- Develop and establish test plans for the control system and execution at Vendor and at Lilium facility during installation and buy-off
- Develop and maintain a software lifecycle in a regulated environment and apply Lilium control system architecture and standards, with suppliers during specification, design review, design approval, build and testing phases.
- Support the Project Technical Lead with review and approval of work breakdown structures and design requirements in compliance with applicable codes and standards
- Review design of electrical & electronic controls, software, and integrated systems at suppliers’ sites
- Understand code requirements for Europe Provide technical support for all processes (e.g., design verification, production, prototyping) relating to the electrical/controls components of the projects, including review and approval of engineering control system drawings and analyses, technical documents, and process specifications
- Investigation of technical solutions together with suppliers and our production facilities as well as introduction of the respective solutions
- Continuous development of automation systems with regard to new technologies and improvements.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Demonstrated ability to program control systems for servo, robotic and air operated stations, along with test and electrical devices.
- Research and specify appropriate purchased and preferred electrical and controls components.
- Design and build test prototypes and test cells Test and evaluate requirements
- Review and create electrical wiring schematics, flow diagrams, panel layouts and update schematics. Guide Electricians in wiring and codes.
- Lead automation software validation requirements.
- Assist in problem solving with equipment build, debug software issues, and update all appropriate documentation.
You have an engineering degree and are ideally specialized in production automation or industrial robotics. technology and learn how to use and adapt. During an evaluation phase you will design, build and test in our robot integrating our product into production environments.
- Minimum of 7 years related experience in automation with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, and control system architecture, electrical design, safety system designs including schematics and panel layouts,
- Experience in fluid power design, including pneumatic schematics and hydraulic schematics systems
- Understanding of electrical assembly and wiring
- Knowledge of electrical safety standards
- Experience creating technical specifications for automated manufacturing equipment
- Experience introducing new products and new processes from a prototype environment to a production environment
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience developing and configuring controls interface with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Debug PLC ladder logic with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable.
- Generate aesthetically simple HMI screens for complex machinery while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting.
- Introduce automated processes into production, and train Maintenance and Production Teams to support after deployment into production
- Develop system architecture and create equipment interactions with plant-wide Manufacturing Execution System to communicate product acceptability, machine status, and process variables
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, including the ability to identify and assess risks related to projects, develop mitigation measures and make effective decisions in complex situations that balance competing interests.
- Advanced critical thinking skills and analysis ability
- Executes FAT and SAT functions both on hardware and software, during manufacturing and on-site implementation.
- Interacting with product development, process engineering, leadership, and manufacturing teams to determine their equipment needs and project requirements
- Performing electrical design and hands-on start-up for process equipment (e.g., drives, programmable logic controller [PLC] logic programming, human-machine interfaces [HMIs], wiring schematics, instrumentation, and motor control systems)
- Creating and updating electrical schematics, specifications, software, and documentation
- Developing and completing process equipment validations and documentation
- Transferring knowledge to engineers, and manufacturing teams supporting the equipment long term
- Good documentation skills, including ability and willingness to adapt to established documentation requirements and expectations while providing input toward or driving positive improvement
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs