In this position you will become part of our exceptionally talented flight control laws team with direct report to our Head of Flight Control Laws. Your role will be focused around the development, flight testing, and certification of the flight control system with a focus on the control allocation. This includes control law feature development, validation and verification activities, as well as the preparation and evaluation of flight tests. In this position you will be able to work on the flight control laws from a holistic perspective e.g. during flight tests and interact with multiple interfacing teams.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Review and solution of problem reports related to flight control laws and control allocation
- Development of further enhancements of the control allocation methods
- Maintenance and improvements of software frameworks for control allocation methods
- Optimization of the control allocation algorithm with respect to accuracy and resources
- Safety, performance, and corner case assessments of the control allocation
- Preparation and execution of flight control laws integration testing (HIL/E-bird)
- Preparation and support of flight test activities, analysis of flight test results
- Contribution to analyses and trade-off studies together with chief engineering
- Ad-hoc tasks and troubleshooting
- M. Sc. in aeronautics/engineering/physics/informatics or similar degree
- Min. 4 years of professional experience in flight control development, fly-by-wire systems, control allocation methods / algorithms
- strong background in applied mathematics, mainly geometric operations and optimization
- experience in control allocation methods for multi-functional control effectors beneficial
- In depth experience with flight system dynamics, flight control, linear control systems
- Experience with flight testing is a plus
- Very good skills in Matlab/Simulink
- Strong motivation to help build and shape your organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs