We are looking for an ambitious, exceptional process engineering expert to join our team focused on producing Lilium’s state-of-the-art aircraft assembly line.
As a Manufacturing Engineer specializing in process design & integration, you will be the key focal point for engineering a holistic aircraft assembly process. You will spearhead Industry 4.0 implementation to create a harmonized, ready-to-scale assembly production operation. You will be responsible for defining and implementing IoT technologies, championing Lean best practices and continuous process improvement, collaborating with our product design engineering teams to digitize both development and series production processes, integrating mechanization and automation technologies into the value chain, and bringing to life a lean, robust, and people-focused production system.
The Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering team provides the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet design requirements and business targets in accordance with EASA 21G and EN9100 standards.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization sets new standards with a best-in-class, reliable production operation using the latest in digital technologies.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Own and implement the digital technology roadmap governing the entire aircraft assembly process, including process parameter monitoring & control and harmonization with company ERP, MES, and PLM frameworks
- Relentlessly drive process improvement, cost-out, and simplification projects with high frequency in both development workshop and series production process chains
- Spearhead projects to implement automation & SCADA technologies in collaboration with robotic and factory automation teams
- Drive design-for-make for all process steps concerning interfaces between separate systems
- Build cost-effective data input, KPI reporting, and ANDON systems for seamless materials flow.
- Utilize analytics to shorten the development cycle and deliver key insights to design engineering stakeholders as well as quality, logistics, finance, and industrial teams
- Provide shop floor support with emphasis on just-in-time problem solving, root cause analysis, running workshops and Kaizen events, ergonomics, and human factors
- Relevant university / technical institute degree – excellent grade and industrial internship experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial automation and control, factory digitization, systems engineering, or shop floor information technology. Automotive, aircraft engine, aerospace experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; resilient with a passion for achieving mission objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
- Expert proficiency in data science & analytics, mesh network data collection, web development, data mining - with a fearless motivation to develop and try in a learn-fast agile cycle
- Experience using and implementing clever hardware & software IoT technologies to achieve and exceed business objectives
- Lean expertise - Simplification mindset, continuous improvement, health & safety conscious. Hands-on mentality and heavy collaboration with Industrial IT, company IT, shop floor-based manufacturing engineering, aircraft technicians
- Strong persuasion and interpersonal skills to motivate cross-functional teams of design engineers, quality, hardware manufacturing, and suppliers. Demonstrated experience in running team workshops resulting in tangible business outcomes
- Adept at working cross-functionally, especially with Design Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Program Management, and other cross-business functions.
- ICT Skills: MT Connect, Raspberry Pi, Arduino and/or other industrial internet technologies, PHP, SQL, Python, R, or similar languages, Microsoft Office, ERP, and MES
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create, don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs