A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
We're building a world-class, scalable Finance function, ready for our future growth. You'll have the opportunity to work across projects in all areas as well as taking responsibility for major projects of your own, just as you'd expect in a start up.
We are searching for serial high achievers to help us to build out the finance processes to deliver fast and accurate results for our German HQ operations. We are ambitious and are always pushing to improve the speed and quality of information into the hands of decision makers. Your days will never be the same.
Your Day to Day:
- building processes and systems to make sure we are delivering accurate and compliant results,
- preparing monthly, quarterly and annual local results both for the senior leadership team, auditors and investors,
- preparing and submitting local tax and central bank reporting, plus
- applying your broad skill base to any challenges arising in the team.
- Most importantly, you will be identifying weaknesses and opportunities in how we do things to drive the growth and maturity of the finance function as quick as the business itself (which is very quick!).
- This role is flexible – we will accept applications for a full time or part time basis and can facilitate a mix of office based and remote working arrangements.
- Ideally you will have 5 years + of experience in a professional services environment, or equivalent industry experience in Germany or a German company.
- You should know German GAAP inside out, have a solid knowledge of EU and DE VAT requirements and be a whiz with MS Excel.
- More importantly, we want you to show us how you can work in a developing and fluid environment, manage priorities and get things done efficiently by working with the right people on the right things at the right time.
- Lastly, business level German and English language skills are required to be great in this role.
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.