We are looking for an ambitious and experienced manufacturing engineering expert to join our team focused on producing Lilium’s state-of-the-art electric jet propulsion system.
As a Manufacturing Engineer specializing in propulsion components, you will own the production and supply of all mechanical components that make up our unique propulsion system. You will be responsible for defining and assuring aviation-level supplier quality, collaborating with our product design engineering teams to drive design-for-make, and bringing to life a lean, robust, and people-focused production system.
The Manufacturing & Industrial Engineering team provides the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet design requirements and business targets in accordance with EASA 21G and EN9100 standards.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization sets new standards with a best-in-class, reliable production operation using the latest in digital technologies.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Drive “Design for Scale” and “Design to Value” for all mechanical components and secure type certification standard
- Collaborate closely with our Systems Engineering, Procurement, and Quality teams to develop, manage, and grow the engine mechanical components value chain
- Spearhead projects to introduce new methods of manufacture for metallic and non-metallic components, including machining, casting, thermoforming, and additive manufacturing
- Define supplier source substantiation technical requirements to ensure aerospace-level process capability and product safety
- Develop and maintain constructive, effective relationships with stakeholders across the entire propulsion system value chain
- Relentlessly drive process improvement, cost-out, and simplification
- Secure quality assurance and a suitable control plan along the whole value chain
- Support digital processes for high volume production logistics, process definition, and planning – especially within bill of materials and materials flow topics
- Mechanical, Materials, or Industrial Engineering degree – excellent grade and industrial internship experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, supply chain quality, or industrial engineering focused on manufacture of metallic and non-metallic components including fabrication, heat treatment, and coating processes.
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; resilient with a passion for achieving mission objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
- Proficiency in design-for-scale, with particular strength in tolerancing, design for manufacturing and assembly, and should-cost modelling
- Experience developing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with suppliers – willingness to travel required. Heavy collaboration with procurement and quality teams to meet and exceed supply and schedule targets
- Passion for identifying, evaluating, and implementing new manufacturing technologies, preferably using an Agile approach to learn fast
- Demonstrated expertise in developing substantiation plans and specifications, implementing process changes and improvements, and meeting design intent via characteristic accountability and verification.
- Adept at working cross-functionally, especially with Design Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Program Management, and other cross-business functions.
- Lean awareness - Simplification mindset, continuous improvement, health & safety conscious. Hands-on mentality and heavy collaboration with production, quality, and logistics teams to secure continuous production flow
- ICT Skills: Microsoft Office, CAD, ERP, and MES
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create, don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs