A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will join our innovative team and thus shape the future of urban e-mobility.
Our Modelling and Simulation team is at the cutting edge of aircraft model development, bringing our Lilium Jet model to life in a virtual, simulated world powered by state-of-the-art technology. We work with teams across Lilium, from Test Pilots to Chief Engineers, to understand and model how the aircraft of tomorrow will perform.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work at the cutting edge of flight dynamics modelling in the emerging E-VTOL industry.
You will work within the growing modelling and simulation department and your primary responsibility will be to develop the flight dynamics models that will be used throughout the organisation to support the aircraft development process.
You will be encouraged to make use of existing and emerging techniques/technologies to accurately model the unique features of the Lilium aircraft as well as minimising development time.
Your Day to Day:
- Develop the flight dynamics modelling methodology, making use of emerging techniques/technologies where appropriate
- Collaborate closely with the aerodynamics team to:
- Identify the most influential aerodynamic parameters and their influence on flight dynamics
- Develop the aerodynamic data bank
- Develop automation methods for model development and testing
- Develop flight dynamics model requirements, taking into account the varied needs of different users
- Plan, execute and document the verification and validation strategy for the flight dynamics model
- Define and quantify model limitations and uncertainties
- Actively help shape processes of the department
- M.Sc./PhD in Aeronautical Engineering or similar degree
- Min. 5 years of professional experience in flight dynamics modelling or applied aerodynamics
- In-depth knowledge of the modelling of complex, nonlinear physical systems, aerodynamics and aircraft flight dynamics
- Knowledge/experience with the validation of flight dynamics models against flight test data, including:
- Knowledge of applicable standards i.e. EASA FSTD (A)
- System Identification and its application
- Knowledge/experience of low speed aerodynamic modelling is a plus
- Very good skills in Matlab/Simulink
- Very good skills in engineering project governance and team coordination
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.