We are looking for an ambitious and experienced industrial engineer who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model to the development of a state-of-the-art production system. The industrial engineer will lead the definition of our end-to-end logistics processes, including physical and business processes.
In this role, you will be part of the Industrial Management department and report to the Team Lead Industrial Engineering. You will be working design of our supply chain & logistics operations.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organization aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital production.
Your Day to Day:
- Design physical logistics flow and facilities layouts, optimizing for cost and servicing levels
- Collaborate with primary stakeholders including logistics and procurement teams
- Analyze and optimize material flows and layouts for bottlenecks, throughput, and buffer sizes
- Own business process design for all stages of the supply chain process and work with the digital production team for implementation, continuous evolution, and workflow automation in the ICT systems (eg. ERP, MES)
- Participate in the future ICT systems roadmap & implementation
- Evaluated different logistics setups, equipment, and emerging technologies, particularly for intralogistics, to reduce total cost-to-serve while ensuring systemic robustness
- Develop and run Discrete Event Simulation for the logistics system
- University degree in industrial engineering, supply chain management, systems management or comparable
- At least 3 years of work experience in logistics, supply chain management, or equivalent
- Strong process- and analytical-thinking capabilities
- Good understanding of logistics methodologies and technologies
- Experience with supply chain simulation preferable (eg. AnyLogic, FlexSim, Tecnomatix)
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company
- Fluent in English
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs