A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Team Lead Industrial Engineering and will work cross-functionally across the company and key partners.
The Industrial Management team is a strategy and project-based department within the Production & Procurement division. It is responsible for the design of our production system. This includes industrial engineering, digital production system, and cost engineering, as well as the programme management for our production setup.
This role is responsible for the planning, simulation and implementation of a new factory to produce the Lilium Jet. This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the fastest, most well-funded and exciting companies in the world and join the exciting journey of the Lilium Jet early in its inception phase. Our production organisation aims to set new standards with a best-in-class, reliable, digital production.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for designing and optimizing a factory for the production of the Lilium Jet including the factory schema, layouts and cost planning
- Design, optimization (incl. simulation) and implementation of production flows and processes
- Value Stream design, analysis and cost optimization for the Lilium production
- Coordination of factory planning partners and the responsible factory heads to drive implementation
- Design and implement new; and optimise existing processes to improve production efficiency and reliability
- University degree in industrial engineering or comparable
- At least 7 years of work experience in production planning, simulation or related fields or relevant industrial internship in lieu of this
- Experience with factory planning and simulation software (Vistable, Tecnomatix Plant Simulation, Delmia, etc.)
- Strong analytical thinking skills and constant drive to challenge the status quo
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company
- Fluent in English
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.