We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Process Engineer for battery module to lead the battery pack welding process development activities in the Manufacturing Engineering team who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of very modern, automated and people-focused aircraft assembly factory.
You will be responsible for the definition, selection and introduction of manufacturing processes for the battery pack construction and assembly.
You will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering team who are responsible for the absolute doable and capable realisation of the product design into manufacturing & production testing solutions.
You will report to the “Manufacturing Engineering Leader of Battery/Module Assembly” and be part of the production team. This role is fundamental in building a new way of high-volume production within a few years.
You will provide the best process & technology solutions and factory support to meet the design requirements and the business targets in accordance to the quality standards of EASA 21G and EN9100.
In this role, you will also develop and implement key processes for battery module within Lilium from material and process selection to optimised volume production:
- Lead, implement, manage and continuously improve our manufacturing processes to enable global scaling of our organisation.
- You will work on all kinds of processes, developing and optimising new and existing manufacturing and assembly processes.
- You will have experience in laser, resistance or ultrasonic welding process development
- Identify and implement processes to support new Product introduction into the supply chain and domestic factories.
- Shop floor support & continuous improvement across the entire production network
Your Day to Day:
- Lead the process capability development for all technical matters for his/her component and/or process scope
- Lead technical and process improvement projects including Root cause problem solving and mapping and analysis of existing processes to secure the quality, delivery and cost targets
- Support production and supply chain teams with regard to all technical matters
- Design, develop and execute test plans
- Engage in a global network for technology acquisition, new product designs and modern production system solution for the components concerned
- Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical engineering degree in automotive, production and/or aerospace – excellent grade and industrial internships
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineering role in high volume assembly lines.
- Experience in assembly production, development and manufacturing, including material, equipment/machinery, tooling selection and process specification. Particular focus on process Experience in “end to end” responsibility for implementing a production strategy from proof of concept to series production ramp up applying modern tools and a network of experts for assembly technologies and processes development and improvement
- Experience in high-volume, automated manufacturing including process yield improvement during production ramp up
- Six Sigma Black belt, Capable of extended cross-functional working, including Engineering, Purchase, Quality and Manufacturing
- Lean skills - driving continuous improvements, HS&E and process capability
- ICT Skills: Microsoft Office, Minitab
- Perform data analysis, create documentation and present test results
- Excellent analytical capabilities with a drive to challenge the status quo; eager to learn; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator with a high sense of urgency
- Hands-on mentality and heavy collaboration with production team to secure continuous production flow
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs