We are looking for an outstanding Loads Engineer with a strong background in thermal and electric loads to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work withing the rapidly growing Calculation Department. You will report to the Head of Calculation and work closely with other Loads Engineers as well as various aircraft systems and calculation engineers.
Your Day to Day:
- Compute all internal and external loads acting on the airplane due to flight-, ground-manoeuvres and gusts on all component levels within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Develop and organize loads models, loads analysis and clearance, simulation tools and flight loads survey in a conformal and convergent way, for design exploration, product development and certification.
- Develop, integrate and maintain a central loads platform for all engineering departments in a DOA conformal way, considering strong relations with aerodynamics, flight physics, FCL, mass properties, performance, propulsion system, structures, flight test, battery system, certification.
- Support the structural analysis and flight tests campaigns for analyses and development/certification of target load levels.
- M.Sc./M.Eng. or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field required
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent skills in state of the art loads derivation for all class of physical loads and their fully automated mapping throughout different engineering departments.
- Outstanding data management skills for a scalable and certifiable loads platform
- Strong motivation to help build working frameworks and processes
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style
- Target-oriented, driven work style with an analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial.
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs