You will be reporting to the Head of Mechanical Systems while having the complete ownership and end-to-end responsibility over the aircraft interior.
You will manage the complete life cycle of the interior structure from initial concepts through detailed structural and mechanical design, production and testing, while always keeping the context of your system within the aircraft in mind. This strong focus on the big picture will lead to a close collaboration with the design and engineering teams over short timescales which will require an efficient, creative and proactive approach.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead engineer for aircraft interior components
- Work with product design team to deliver world-class interior designs and finishes
- Development of interior components with an emphasis on light weight design and manufacturing
- Resource & workload planning and coordination with the CAD, calculation, and production teams
- Complete and release detailed designs for the systems and sub-systems
- Support the creation of component specifications and other technical design documents
- Interface with suppliers about manufacturing feasibility, validation, and other engineering activities as required
- Degree in mechanical-, automotive-, aerospace-, lightweight engineering or similar
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Minimum of 1 full development cycle through design, development, release and launch for interior components
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs
- Experience with 3D CAD (NX/Teamcenter preferred)
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as individually
- Target-oriented work style with analytic problem solving skills
- Bring something unique and positive to our team
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other languages is beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.