We are looking for an outstanding mechanical engineer to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
As part of the Mechanical Systems team within the Energy Systems department you will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility over the mechanical integration of the battery system and thermal management system on aircraft level.
Your work will be essential to develop and integrate an innovative energy storage system that meets challenging performance, mass, and size targets. With many interfaces to other engineering teams your work comprises multidisciplinary tasks with tight timescales, which require focused, efficient and proactive thinking to develop effective and creative interface solutions.
Having great ideas and ability to implement them, you will find the perfect place to work at Lilium.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Project lead for the mechanical integration of the battery system and thermal management system on aircraft level
- Mechanical design of components for and interfaces to the thermal management system, according to the thermal engineers’ specifications, optimized for function, weight, productio
- Close cooperation with lead battery engineer, battery thermal and mechanical engineers
- Support of laboratory testing, verification and validation according to CS-23, DO-160, DO-311ASupport of development of series production processes andprocess standardization across departments
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks to support our fast-paced development activities
- Degree in mechanical-, mechatronic-, electrical-, aerospace engineering (Ph.D./ M. Sc.) or similar required
- 5+ years of professional experience as mechanical design engineer (industry or academic) necessary
- Experience with safety critical aircraft or automotive structures desired
- Extensive knowledge of composites, plastics, metals, sealing materials, and their manufacturing processes desired
- Strong knowledge of assembly design and CAD Software, preferably Siemens NX, desired
- Experience in certification processes and procedures beneficial
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as individually
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Welcome to the future:
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs