In this role, you will report to our Head of Infrastructure Projects and work closely with the VP Infrastructure other members of the management and our production team. Your contribution will be key for the development of Lilium’s ground-based flight operation infrastructure.
The focus of this position is the end-to-end management of our landing infrastructure projects from project scoping, managing design, managing approval processes with local legislature as well as construction execution and commissioning. You will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders such as regulators, infrastructure partners and developers.
The goal is to have a fully functioning infrastructure for the launch of a Lilium service in the chosen locations and build a network of pads for flight operations around the world.
Ground infrastructure for the Lilium jet will likely be a combination of infrastructure provided by partners in the public and private sector, as well as some own infrastructure for various operational needs.
The Infrastructure team will think through key challenges from customer experience to airspace management requirements, operational flight management and safety aspects. Ground infrastructure will be the first and last physical customer touchpoint in their experience of the Lilium service and requires a special blend of customer focus and infrastructure execution excellence.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Take full ownership of one or more infrastructure projects
- Develop proposals for landing infrastructures around the globe together with other corporate teams
- Lead or participate in partnership contract negotiations
- Establish project plan, specifications, dependencies, design, in accordance with local standards (e.g., GCAA, ICAO,…) and execute infrastructure partnerships working closely together with other corporate teams
- Work with regulators, councils and partners to receive permissions in compliance with regulation as well as the highest safety requirements
- Steer and oversee the physical build or co-development of various sites
- Ensure compliance with brand & design strategy as well as corporate identity and customer experience on the ground
- Establish a project controlling and manage projects to time and budget
- Assess and manage project risks and opportunities
- 5-10 years related experience with a proven track record developing relevant infrastructure projects of USD 100K to 10mn
- Experience in aviation/airports a plus
- Proven track record of rapid, on time/budget execution at highest project management standards
- Strong academic background, especially in engineering, architecture, and/or law a plus
- Sound commercial orientation
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (German language skills a plus but not a must, as well as other languages)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company, as well as handling multiple priorities while constantly meeting deadlines
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs