A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Infrastructure and work closely with other members of the management.
Our Infrastructure team is literally building a world where anybody can fly anywhere, anytime. We define and execute the Lilium infrastructure strategy, ranging from route definition and location selection to ground operations. We design, partner and drive the construction of landing infrastructure for the launch of the Lilium service and work closely with our Corporate Development, Product and Public Affairs teams to build an integrated infrastructure ecosystem.
Your contribution will be key for the development of Lilium’s ground-based flight operation infrastructure. The focus of this position is the definition, implementation and execution of infrastructure strategies ranging from charging, landing, customer arrival/departure and safety.
The goal is to have a fully functioning infrastructure for the launch of a Lilium service in the chosen locations and build a network of pads for flight operations around the world.
Ground infrastructure for the Lilium jet will likely be a combination of infrastructure provided by partners in the public and private sector, as well as some own infrastructure for various operational needs.
Your Day to Day:
- Create and execute a infrastructure strategy together with the VP Infrastructure
- Develop options for landing and MRO infrastructures around the globe and ready for launch in chosen sites together with other corporate teams
- Identify, plan, and execute partnerships working closely together with other corporate teams
- Work with regulators, councils and partners to receive landing permission in compliance with airspace regulation as well as the highest health and safety requirements
- Implement and ensure compliance with brand & design strategy as well as corporate identity and customer experience on the ground
- Support steering and oversight of the physical build or co-development of various sites
- Work on ad hoc presentations, reports or projects.
- 3 years related experience with a proven track record developing infrastructure projects and/or working for a top tier infrastructure consulting firm
- Exceptional strategic thinker and analytical skills; ability to address cross-functional and cross-organizational issues independently
- Proven track record of rapid execution at highest standards
- Strong academic background, especially in engineering, architecture and/or law, a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (German language skills a plus, as well as other languages)
- Able and comfortable working in a developing, fluid and constantly changing company, as well as handling multiple priorities while constantly meeting deadlines
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.