A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of CAD Design and you will be working on various CAD related projects.
The Mechanical Engineering Team is responsible for developing and designing the structural components of our the Lilium Jet across the entire lifecycle - from concept development through to detailed design, testing and production. From mechanical or composite parts design to mechanical systems development you'll play a key role in bringing our innovative aircraft to life.
Your Day to Day:
- Interpret 2D schematics and create complex harness routings in 3D using Siemens NX
- Maintain complete records of designs and qualification tests for assigned components
- Derive 2D installation drawings for the designed harnesses
- Expand and maintain the standard electrical components database in Teamcenter
- Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to provide technical direction on parts or other objects
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience focusing on routing using Siemens NX or CATIA is essential
- Excellent understanding of technical correlations
- Strong knowledge of harness creating from modeling to manufacturing
- Experience with PDM/PLM systems (Teamcenter or equivalent)
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
In order to apply for this position, please follow the below link to download and complete our CAD Designer test:
Please submit your CV, your educational documents (university degree) as well as your test documents online, all at the same time.
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.