A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Requirements, Configuration and Change.
Our Configuration team is responsible for maintaining the consistency of our product through its lifetime. Working across a wide range of project teams to configure and manage our project items, you'll play a critically important role in ensuring we deliver the very best product to the market.
You will assist with the gathering, writing and ongoing management of requirements, and with configuration control. You will also support the implementation of our new requirements management system and the rollout of changes to the PLM system, ensuring compliance with DOA requirements where needed.
Your Day to Day:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining configuration management tools and supporting configuration identification, control, reporting, release and delivery of products and system
- Understand business requirements and accordingly develop configuration specifications as well as the configuration related company directives and processes,
- Review and recommend changes to existing configuration management processes.
- Monitor and ensure process compliance with respect to configuration control
- Provide technical support for configuration system design, testing and implementation activities
- Analyse and resolve system defects and problems.
- Recommend system enhancements and upgrades for performance efficiency.
- Troubleshoot configuration failures and issues
- Develop process improvements to automate and streamline build processes.
- Ensure that data in the PLM system is accurate and complete
- Provide guidance to system owners and the supply chain on configuration control
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in configuration management in aerospace or a comparable high-tech, regulated industry (e.g. medical devices, automotive, nuclear)
- Experience of contributing to the design and implementation of new processes and/or systems e.g. PLM systems desired
- Experience as a design engineer / systems engineer would be beneficial
- Excellent engineering-focused undergraduate degree from a top university
- Thorough knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter and/or Polarion desired, not essential
- Strong motivation to help build and shape the organisation, structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.