In this role you will report to the Head of Requirements, Configuration and Change. You will take the overall responsibility for configuration management, through the product lifecycle including the implementation of the principles and processes whenever needed. You will be also in the lead to implement our new configuration management system and the rollout of changes to the PLM system, ensuring compliance with DOA requirements.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your day to day
- Design and implement the principles and processes used to perform configuration management of all our programmes
- Be responsible for identifying and ensuring proper documentation of configuration status of our products and equipment, and controlling associated historical information including archiving
- Set up a system and process which allows the efficient storage and control of all the necessary information to confirm the product configuration status at a given moment of the whole product life cycle
- Create, issue and manage to a configuration management plan for each programme
- Ensure appropriate control of design changes and any other changes to the configuration status
- Ensure all parties involved in any programme, at any given time during the life-cycle, use identical data, in the same controlled status
- Ensure that our configuration management practices are in line with EASA Part21J and any other applicable legislation
- Ensure that our configuration control and status is sufficient to certify our aircraft under any applicable legislation (E.g. EASA CS-23)
- When appropriate, ensure the issue of a “Design Build Standard” (DBS)
- Be responsible for the PLM system, including leading the design of future improvements
- Contribute to the design and implementation of other relevant systems, for example for requirements management
- Excellent academic record with a degree in engineering
- At least 10 years' experience in a similar role in an aerospace environment
- Proven ability and deep knowledge of Configuration Management within an aerospace engineering environment, including the alignment / relevant legislation to the appropriate standards (EASA Part21)
- Significant process design and implementation experience
- Track record of delivering effective Configuration Management across the complete product lifecycle
- Knowledge of both System / Hardware and Software Configuration Management processes
- Ability to evaluate the current environment, gather needs, and propose a recommended CM solution
- Very good experience of Product Lifecycle Management tools, Data and Document tools, administration and implementation
- Experience with PLM Systems like Siemens TeamCenter, Polarion and NX would be an advantage
- Experience of growing and leading a team
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs