You will be reporting to the Head of Mechanical Systems while having the complete ownership and end-to-end responsibility over a primary structure system.
You will manage the complete life cycle of that structure from concept development to detailed design and manufacturing, while always keeping the context of your system within the aircraft in mind. This strong focus on the big picture will lead to a close collaboration with other engineering teams with short timescales which will require an efficient, creative and proactive design approach.
The ideal candidate is someone who gets excited building things, is highly analytical, and sees the big picture needed to evolve a concept into a product. This candidate is an engineer with strong experience in mechanical design, analysis and possesses a strong understanding of composite manufacturing techniques. Experience with castings and sheet metal is a plus.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead engineer for an aircraft structure
- Design the aircraft structure in concert with other engineering groups and departments
- Design of composite structures with attention towards high volume production
- Assist in the development of manufacturing, integration, and test processes and procedures
- Support the system development from concept to production, resolving any design, manufacturing and assembly issues along the way
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
- Performs other engineers and duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience in an aerospace or automotive manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience with composite structural design with hands on experience
- Minimum of 1 full development cycle through design, development, and manufacturing of a composite structure
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs
- Experience developing and working to system requirements
- Familiarity with working with various suppliers and managing deliverables
- Strong 3D CAD experience (NX/Teamcenter preferred)
- Strong Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing abilities and overall good drafting skills
- Strong hand calculation abilities and FEA experience desired
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
- Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
- Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’ and collaborate with others
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German is beneficial but not required
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs