A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the team leader and work closely with the Structural Analysis team, as pert of the Calculation Team.
The Structural Analysis team is a center of excellence for structural analysis methods, working closely with all other engineering disciplines to positively influence our development process and analyse results using state-of-the-art modelling methods.
We are looking for an outstanding stress analyst with a strong background in jet engine analysis to join our innovative team and help us shape the future of urban e-mobility.
Your Day to Day:
- Leading role for the stress and fatigue analysis of jet engine components, i.e., blades, discs, rotors, housing, by means of hand calculations and numerical simulations
- Hold main responsibility for numerical modeling, conduction of simulations, post-processing and reporting of results
- Define efficient modeling techniques and optimization methods for stress and fatigue analyses to meet design criteria for strength, LCF, HCF, rotor burst speed, etc.
- Take over project lead for calculation projects and delegate work packages to colleagues and/or external suppliers if necessary
- Work closely with the leading propulsion systems engineer to develop designs with exceptional performance
- Actively support shaping processes of the department
- M.Sc./M.Eng. or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 8+ years of experience in the analysis of jet engines
- Exceptional knowledge of stress and fatigue analysis methods as well as failure behavior of metals and composite materials
- In-depth understanding of the loading scenarios and structural behavior of jet engine components
- Extensive working experience with commercial FE codes, i.e., OptiStruct, Nastran or Abaqus/Standard, and corresponding pre- and post-processing tools
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.