As a direct report to the CEO, you will build and develop a world class function responsible for creating state of the art battery solutions for our jets.
Interface and collaborate closely with our engineering and production departments, whilst leading a high calibre engineering team of battery cell, terminal, electrical and mechanical experts.
Lead the development, design, and execution of effective engineering plans (design, development and verification), including the transition of our HV batteries from prototype and mass production.
Create product development roadmaps and build, refine and scale our engineering processes.
Select, engage and manage relationships with global suppliers.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Create development strategy, project work scope, deliverables and project timelines
- Recruit, lead, and train and develop a team, providing support and guidance to team members
- Work closely with the wider aircraft system and sub-system teams to develop and deliver safe and efficient electrical power storage solutions
- Continue ongoing battery development and research, select suppliers, negotiate contracts.
- Meet regularly with heads of engineering, production department and CEO on the development of our products
- Evaluate battery data as related to cell usage and performance
- Work with suppliers to analyse cell level performance and degradation over life
- Develop calibrations for cell-related battery controls; support development of battery management systems
- Support anomaly investigations and their resolution, in accordance with internal non-conformance control process
- Provide technical support to supplier activities through their development, verification and production activities (including approving test plans and procedures, review test results, evaluate design changes)
- Shape and implement processes and systems as and when necessary
- Analyse test results, prepare technical reports and create test plans, support the design of parts for development testing
- Actively help shape the growth processes within the department
- Work on any ad hoc related projects or tasks
- Sc./M.Eng. or PhD in Engineering (Mechatronics, Electrical or Electronic Engineering) required
- Proven experience of developing new products required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role is necessary
- Excellent communication, negotiation and project management skills
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, Fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium airplane is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet.
Lilium is a thriving Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes) with support by the European Space Agency (ESA). We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs