We are looking for an ambitious and experienced production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of very modern, automated and people-focused aircraft assembly factory.
The “Head of Battery System Assembly” will lead the Energy System Production at Lilium at all stages of the product life cycle. He will define, purchase, install and ramp up prototype production as well as various volume production scenarios.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talent with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Recruit, qualify, plan & allocate and supervise a team of Manufacturing functions to prototype projects, new factory commissioning and ramp up to volume
- Create and lead an empowered plant organisation containing all required functions and roles like operations, manufacturing engineering, design support, supply chain management, facility and maintenance
- Work towards “Design for Make” of the type certification standard by leading Design for Cost and absolutely doable quality for the battery assembly plant
- Project leader for “new factory” to define, purchase, install and ramp up the Lilium battery module assembly plant
- Directly interface with the Tier 1 battery suppliers and field service personnel to successfully integrate and troubleshoot the battery pack for all aspects of mechanical, electrical, and thermal performance.
- This position will serve as primary leader for overseeing prompt investigation, root cause analysis, and resolution of battery issues in field and coordinate field service and end of life battery activities.
- Motivating, supporting and leading most critical production challenges across all levels with a people focus on shop floor
- Secure the plant delivery to safety, time, cost and quality targets
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering in automotive, production and/or aerospace with a min of 10 years of experience ideally in a high volume production environment; thereof 5 years experience in EV and/or electric motor assembly
- Proven experience in a plant leadership role in a modern high-volume production environment in final assembly of automotive or aircrafts
- Capable of extended cross-functional leadership, including Engineering, Purchase, Quality, Manufacturing, and Facility management functions, required to deliver “end to end”.
- Prior knowledge of electrification technology functionality and features on the system level
- High Voltage training and traction battery design/development experience is desirable and knowledge of battery test methods and procedures
- Experience with modern technology & automation leader type (including robotic, 4.0, SCADA) with a great global network across the industry
- Excellent analysis and evaluation skills with a drive to challenge the status quo – applying value engineering, cost analysis and keen implementer with developing/deploying roadmaps for quality, cost, volume, etc.
- A strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus – proven record of defining and deploying new factories in a responsible position
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organisation and manufacturing staff with a high sense for urgency
- High personal influencing and negotiation skills. Strong leadership maturity and ability to lead through others.
- Eager to learn and adopt his style to a start up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs