A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the VP Production and work closely with our Battery Assembly team.
The Battery Assembly team is responsible for the manufacture of our state-of-the-art batteries which power the Lilium Jet.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced production leader who applies Lilium’s revolutionary product & business model into the development of very modern, automated and people-focused aircraft assembly factory. The “Head of Battery System Assembly” will lead the Energy System Production at Lilium at all stages of the product life cycle. He will define, purchase, install and ramp up prototype production as well as various volume production scenarios.
Your Day to Day:
- Recruit, qualify, plan & allocate and supervise a team of Manufacturing functions to prototype projects, new factory commissioning and ramp up to volume
- Create and lead an empowered plant organisation containing all required functions and roles like operations, manufacturing engineering, design support, supply chain management, facility and maintenance
- Work towards “Design for Make” of the type certification standard by leading Design for Cost and absolutely doable quality for the battery assembly plant
- Project leader for “new factory” to define, purchase, install and ramp up the Lilium battery module assembly plant
- Directly interface with the Tier 1 battery suppliers and field service personnel to successfully integrate and troubleshoot the battery pack for all aspects of mechanical, electrical, and thermal performance.
- This position will serve as primary leader for overseeing prompt investigation, root cause analysis, and resolution of battery issues in field and coordinate field service and end of life battery activities.
- Motivating, supporting and leading most critical production challenges across all levels with a people focus on shop floor
- Secure the plant delivery to safety, time, cost and quality targets
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering in automotive, production and/or aerospace with a min of 10 years of experience ideally in a high volume production environment; thereof 5 years experience in EV and/or electric motor assembly
- Proven experience in a plant leadership role in a modern high-volume production environment in final assembly of automotive or aircrafts
- Capable of extended cross-functional leadership, including Engineering, Purchase, Quality, Manufacturing, and Facility management functions, required to deliver “end to end”.
- Prior knowledge of electrification technology functionality and features on the system level
- High Voltage training and traction battery design/development experience is desirable and knowledge of battery test methods and procedures
- Experience with modern technology & automation leader type (including robotic, 4.0, SCADA) with a great global network across the industry
- Excellent analysis and evaluation skills with a drive to challenge the status quo – applying value engineering, cost analysis and keen implementer with developing/deploying roadmaps for quality, cost, volume, etc.
- A strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus – proven record of defining and deploying new factories in a responsible position
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organisation and manufacturing staff with a high sense for urgency
- High personal influencing and negotiation skills. Strong leadership maturity and ability to lead through others.
- Eager to learn and adopt his style to a start up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.