A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
We are looking for a number of outstanding Avionics/Electrical/Electronic Systems Engineers to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
These positions will report into our Head of Electronic Systems and will be contribute to the electric and electronic systems architecture, design, certification and delivery of the Lilium Jet.
You will have a chance in shaping the future of mobility by not only defining electronic/electrical systems (Flight Control System, Radio Communication System, Electrical Wiring System, Cockpit System, Interior System, Maintenance Systems and Various Electrical Power Systems), but also developing components and co-ordination with regulatory partners/suppliers.
You will take responsibility for the development of subsystems and components and ensure their compliance to safety standards.
Your Day to Day:
- Design system architecture for above mentioned systems
- Take ownership of your system(s) and manage its whole implementation cycle
- Develop, challenge and continuously improve system’s and item’s technical concepts
- Define system’s functional and safety architecture
- Define requirements for subsystems and components
- Work together with other departments and external suppliers to find the simplest and most elegant solutions
- Continuously improve your tools and methods
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- MSc./M.Eng. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field required
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Flight Control System, Radio Communication System, Electrical Wiring System, Cockpit System, Interior System, Maintenance Systems , Electrical Power Systems or similar domain is necessary
- Hands-on experience with software development and architecture required
- Experience with hardware and software development process according to DO 178B/C and DO 254 and familiarity with ARP4754 highly appreciated
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Life at Lilium:
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.