We are looking for an outstanding Avionics Systems Engineer to join our innovative team that will shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position you will report directly to our Head of Avionics Systems Engineering and will be contribute to the electric and electronic systems architecture of the Lilium Jet. Furthermore, you will take responsibility for the development of subsystems and components and ensure their compliance to safety standards. The actual systems you will take care of, can range from pilot interfaces and display systems over auxiliary systems to telemetry, RC, ground control and accompanying systems.
Lilium welcomes people from all over the world. We are a multinational company and happy to support our new top talents with relocation. We have helped our new hires to meet their Visa criteria and successfully settle in Munich.
Your Day to Day:
- Work with the avionics team on the architecture of the avionics system
- Take ownership of your system(s) and manage its whole implementation cycle
- Develop, challenge and continuously improve system’s and item’s technical concepts
- Ensure, that your system fulfils functional and safety requirements
- Define requirements for subsystems and components
- Work together with other departments and external suppliers to find the simplest and most elegant solutions
- Continuously improve your tools and methods
- Work on ad hoc related tasks or projects provided by management
- MSc./M.Eng. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field required
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position is necessary
- Hands-on experience with software development and architecture required
- Experience with hardware and software development process according to DO 178B/C and DO 254 and familiarity with ARP4754 highly appreciated
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomous
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
Welcome to the future
Elegance, speed, comfort and sustainability – fusing to a new form of traveling. The Lilium aircraft is the only means of transportation that can meet the demands of future mobility and therefore shape it now. We are introducing the world's first electric vertical take-off and landing jet. Our ambition is to engineer, manufacture Lilium Jets, as well as create an end to end air transportation service on demand, operating around the world.
Lilium is a globally acclaimed Startup creating a revolution in personal transportation and e-mobility with secured funding and proven technologies (several flying prototypes). To date, the company raised over 100 million USD from two rounds of funding, with global top VCs and funds backing the company’s vision. We are a highly energetic and ambitious team with world-class investors who value outstanding talent, serious creativity and elaborate innovation.
At Lilium, you will work with the world´s most talented engineers, designers and thought leaders to revolutionize the way people travel. We apply an exceptional breadth and depth to our work, we are incredibly focused onto our mission and we are therefore looking for people like us who are continuously striving towards perfection. If you, too, are filled with the insatiable need to grow, to innovate and to create don‘t hesitate to grasp this exclusive opportunity.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs