A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. Every day we are pushing the very boundaries of technology and customer experience to deliver something that has never been done before.
What we do here is hard, but then very few things worth achieving are easy. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with our world-class team of more than 300 leaders, experts and engineers who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We’re also passionate about diversity: we want you to come as you are, no matter your background. As long as you share our desire to push the limits of what’s possible, you’ll fit right in.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Component Testing you will have complete ownership with end-to-end responsibility over tests and test rigs for structures.
The Component Testing team is responsible for various disciplines covering component, system and whole aircraft tests. It is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations. Our team runs tests that facilitate certification, development and research for the technology areas: Propulsion Systems, Batteries, Structures, Environmental Tests and Hardware in the Loop (HIL).
You will manage the complete process of testing from requirements breakdown & concept development through calculation, design & production to test execution & data processing by always keeping the goal of qualification and verification of our aircraft components in mind. With many interfaces to the engineering teams like Mechanical Systems, Propulsion and Avionics your work comprises multidisciplinary tasks with tight timescales, which require focused, efficient and proactive thinking to achieve effective and creative test approaches.
Your Day to Day:
- Project lead for complex aircraft component testing activities
- Identification of test requirements in relation to aircraft, system and sub-system requirements
- Holistic and agile test & test rig development including concept design, data acquisition and documentation
- Pragmatic evaluation of test concepts with idealization of physical effects and first principles reasoning approach
- Resource & workload planning and coordination with interfacing teams from Engineering, CAD, Calculation and Production
- Ad-hoc & hands-on test execution to support our fast-paced development activities
- Degree in mechanical-, mechatronic-, electrical-, aerospace engineering (Ph.D./ M. Sc.) or similar is desired
- 4+ years of professional experience (industry or academic)
- Experience in test & test rig development, test execution & data processing
- Experience with data acquisition
- Experience in certification processes and procedures beneficial
- Driven individual with the ability to probe & challenge assumptions
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as individually
- Target-oriented work style with analytic problem-solving skills
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language is beneficial
Life at Lilium
Our HQ is designed to make working at Lilium as comfortable as possible. We’ve got the basics covered with ample parking and free transport links to local stations, but it’s also a fun place to work, with shared working spaces, rooms with sofas and hammocks, and a rooftop terrace where you can watch planes taking off all day long. Finally, we’re big believers in the idea that your health is central to your happiness, so we’ve invested in providing an extensive gym, free yoga sessions, bikes you can borrow to cycle round our campus, a relaxation room and three free meals a day.
In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.